The Well of Tradition

A/N gahh sorry for the like month long wait, but here's a chap! i kinda like it, kinda don't,  so let's hope you guys like it! i was originally gonna wait until tmrw to update bc i usually update on fridays but when kate gave me the go aheaD I COULDNT RESIST

anyways, the story's kinda picking up again but still don't expect frequent updates for a while, i'm trying tho (:

----

Louis is relaxing. He's enjoying the present moment. And he doesn't usually do that without the help of an orgasm or a joint or a simple cig or Harry (who just so happens to be at Niall's for a football game, american football, to which Louis crinkled his nose and complained football is footie and Harry's wasting his time). But he's not under the influence of anything. He's only sitting on the porch, peacefully.

That is, he's relaxing until his phone rings loudly. The obnoxious noise slices into his vibe, pulling a groan out of him. He reluctantly reaches into the pocket of his (Harry's) hoodie. After all, what can he say? The January air is starting to get to him (and the giddy feeling he gets from wearing his boyfriend's clothes is always nice).

He, yet again, swims himself out of his thoughts and answers the phone. Not looking at the contact first. "Hello?" He says, moving so he's able to sit on the hand that's not holding the phone (it's fooking freezing outside).

"Um- hi Louis." It comes out more as a question. A very timid and apprehensive question. "I- well, it's Kaitie." And Louis can't help but roll his eyes at that. He could tell who she was by her voice, how stupid does this girl really think he is?

"I know." He quietly mutters, letting out a yawn when she doesn't reply. "Why are you calling then?" He questions, impatiently waiting for a reply.

"I need your help." She sniffles, and that's when Louis picks up on the fact that she's crying. Kaitie never cries, he's never seen her cry.

The memory of Harry once commenting on how odd it is surfaces. How Harry had said he couldn't help but be a bit worried she might be too strong for her own good - which led to Louis and Harry's very own screaming match. But Harry brought her up, therefore it's Harry's fault. Louis will go to his grave swearing by that.

"What do you need?" He sighs into the phone, deciding that her tears deem she doesn't need a rude remark. Just this once.

Louis isn't that rude.

"I think I just killed people." She just barely says it, a sob sounding through the phone afterwards. But Louis catches it: it sends him back into the house to grab the van's keys.

"How?" He questions right away, "Where are you?"

"One minute." She says into the phone, sobs and cries shaking out of her as she tries to take deep breaths to calm herself down, "It's the town over." She finally says into the phone after a few beats of silence. Louis nods his head in reply. "I don't see a street sign, it's very - uh - deserted. I thi-"

"Just look in maps and text me your location." He interrupts, patience wearing thin. "Now tell me, how the hell did you do it?"

"I hit someone with my car." She chokes out, "N-no, two people."

"Were they walking or in their car?" He questions as he walks into the garage, climbing into his and Harry's van.

"Walking." She replies, her voice cracking. "W-W-What do I do?" Her words frantically spill out of Louis' phone. Louis rolls his eyes.