Heart Shaped Box

Louis' fed up, he really is. The six years he's spent with his mom have been far too long, all the words, all the actions, all the neglect and hate and nights she implanted horrible thoughts in his head - keeping him up crying in his bed wishing everything was different. That he simply wants it to be over with. Done.

Maybe this is better, he thinks to himself with a wicked smile, this is how I can win. Killing my self is giving in. 

With that he finishes loading the gun in his hand, the weight of it grows comforting the longer he holds it. Jittery adrenaline begins to race throughout his body, with four kills in his belt he's ready for this. The kill that means everything

He walks into the kitchen with a deep breath, "Hey mom." He smiles, a true smile for the first time in a long time. She's about to fu.cking die. 

"What do you want?" She replies without looking to him, which is probably best, as he's got a gun in his hand. 

"I would like you to listen, struggling will only make it worse." He hums, wanting to have spoken these words to her for so long. 

"What in hell did you just say to me?" She snaps, turning around to him. Ready to cut into him with cruel words, but no, not this time. 

"I'm done with everything you've done these past years," Louis begins, his heart pumping fast as he thinks over what's about to him. What opportunity lays in front of him. 

"You can't shoot me." She speaks quickly, backing against the counter, "If people hear you'll be caught!"

Louis laughs at her sentence, "I've killed before, I know what I'm doing."

With that, he shoots her.

----

The memory is still fresh in Louis' mind, as if it happened yesterday. 

He kicks at her gravestone before spitting at it, unable to keep from thinking how she doesn't deserve it. There was never a funeral for her, with no family other than Louis around no one arranged one. He was fine with that, he had time to celebrate her death on his own. 

The gun he used on her sits in his coat pocket, ready to be used again in just under an hour. He looks around the graveyard, making sure no one is around before unzipping his fly. He whistles to himself as he pisses on her grave, making sure to completely cover the headstone and where her ashes are buried. 

With that he tucks himself back in, practically skipping as he returns to his van. Off to his last stop. 

----

"Hiya Zayn!" He cheerfully greets his friend, engulfing him in a tight hug. 

Zayn cheerily hugs him back, "Hey Louis, what's got you so happy?" He questions, nudging Louis' shoulder. 

"Oh you know, cleaned up my life a bit." Louis shrugs, grinning as Zayn laughs at his answer. 

"That sounds mighty healthy." Zayn finally replies, growing distracted once Liam calls a greeting to them when he walks out of the police station. 

Louis proposed the three meet up once Liam's off work at the police station. Yes, he's an FBI agent, but he's been busy helping the police with a tough case. It's perfect for Louis' idea. 

"Hey Li." Zayn nods his head, pulling Liam in for a quick kiss once he reaches the two. 

"Any last words you two have for each other?" Louis asks, hand in his pocket, finger on the trigger. 

Liam looks to him with a confused expression, "What are you on about?"

Louis shrugs at Liam's words, "Poor choice." He then pulls the trigger, successfully shooting Liam in the chest. 

Zayn yells in surprise before attempting to run, but Louis shoots him. Three times for good measure. 

"Freeze! Drop your weapon."

Louis is quick to toss his gun forward, raising his hands in the air, "Beautiful day for a few kills, right guys?" He smiles sweetly, watching as four officers walk to him. Their guns pointed at him for good measure, "You're real good looking, shame I can't kill you." He compliments the male cop as he takes Louis' wrist in his hand, bringing his arms in the position to cuff him. 

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you in court. You have the right to consult with an attorney..."

----