Chapter 7: The House and The People

"No, I wont allow this Kate." I moved towards him and he moved away, "Well then." I turned and headed out the door. I felt his strong safe arms wrap around me and stop me, "I am sorry." He turned me, "I can't lose you too." I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled into his shoulder, "I love you." He squeezed me tighter, "Wait! Are you too married?" We both pulled away as Alex blushed like crazy, "No were not." She paced a minuet, "Why?" She stopped and looked at Alex, "You have to do it." I pulled Alex behind me, "No." I felt my body move away from Alex and slam against a wall. "You have to bite him," Alex growled, "No!" I felt my feet lift off the ground. Bella screamed and turned to her mom, "Let her go!" She gave one look at Bella and she fell to the ground. "BELLA!" I looked down at Alex, "Agree to it pup!" He growled louder, "NO!" I felt all the air around me leave as I began to choke, "Kate!" He looked back at the women as she stood smirking, "Agree." Alex's eyes changed as Zeno took over, "I don't take order from a witch like you Diana." I felt my body hit the ground suddenly, "How do you know my name wolf!" Zeno smirked, "Because I do Diana! And now that I've said your name you are mine to control." Zeno turned and picked me up, "Go back to where you came from and I will call upon you if I need." She quickly disappeared with Bella as Zeno carried me up towards our room. "Hey Zeno," I smiled shyly as he smirked, "For you I have a special plan." He smiled widely as he tossed me onto the bed. He quickly shifted and placed his head on my lap. I gently played with his ear as looked up at me, 'Athena come out and curl up to bed with me.' His soft voice made Athena push me away and shift. She walked over and curled into a ball on the ground as Zeno walked up behind her and surrounded us. It felt so safe as he placed his head on her back. I felt our her eyes closes as we both fell into a deep sleep.

I turned slightly as Alex grabbed me tightly, "Hey Pumpkin." I growled lightly as I opened my eyes, "Really Alexander?" He kissed my forehead, "You know I love you baby." I giggled and suddenly realized we were both naked wrapped in a blanket. I blushed brightly, "Did we?" He smirked, "No not this time." He pulled me closer staring deep into my eyes, "You are mine Princess." He smiled, "And you are mine Jester." Alex pushed away a little looking hurt, "Jester? Low blow baby." I kissed his chin and stood up taking the single blanket with me and raced for the shower. I dropped the blanket and turned on the water. I quickly jumped in and felt the warm water running down my body. I thought about Bella and her mom, "Bella?" I waited not thinking she would actually respond, "Yes Kate?" I sighed, "Are you ok?" I turned the water off as I turned and saw a dark figure walking up towards the glass. I screamed as the figure suddenly vanished and the door slammed into the ground. "Mate what is wrong?" I blushed as I stood wet and naked, "Ummm." I turned bright red as he smirked as he grabbed a towel and gently wrapped it around me. "There was a dark shadowed figure in here. I swear!" He growled "Diana!" She appeared with Bella, "Yes?" He sighed, "I will do it." She smiled, "Really?" He looked at me, "Yes and I release you." I screamed, "NO!" I shifted and raced down the stairs and out the back door. "Kate, come back!" I howled out into the night as I pushed faster, "Someone please show me the way." I pushed faster and faster until I realized where I was. I looked at the two burnt down post still standing. I shifted and closed my eyes as I walked up to them and touched them gently....

"Kate!" I felt my feet lift off the ground as I laughed. "How old are you now?" I smiled as I held up ten fingers, "You are getting so old!" I laughed as I hugged my brother Clyde tightly, "Son." I turned my head as I looked at my father. Clyde put me down as I felt my mother grabbed me, "I thought I banished you." He whimpered, "I am sorry for this..." My dad took a step forward and I heard the shot. I screamed as my mom ran us up the stairs and put me in a cub board, "Hide here." I nodded as she kissed my cheek. It was dark but I could still hear everything, "Son please just leave us alone." I could hear him crying, "They took my mate and child." He began to sob, "Who took them?" He whimpered, "I am sorry." She didn't cry not once, "Tell me I can help you." He cried harder, "I am sorry mom." I heard the gun go off again as I felt tears stream down my face, "Kate, where are you?" He walked up the stairs as the front door opened, "Where is my Family?" He headed down the stairs again, "Right here." The voice was strong and powerful, "Heather! Joseph!" I could hear him crying again. I suddenly heard a gun go off as a women screamed, "RUN JOSEPH!" I heard feet race up the stairs as another shot went off. I watched a small figure run and open the door. His eyes widened as he shut the door again as heavy feet walked up the steps. I watched a man point the gun at him as Joseph looked scared the man whispered something to him and then shot the wall. Joseph went into the guest room and the man left, "All done. Let's burn the place down." I crawled out as flames raced up the steps, I ran into the room that Joseph had gone in and noticed the window open. I quickly jumped out and raced for the forest. I looked back once and then stopped watching my home burn to the ground. I ran around towards the pack house and noticed all the dead bodies and the men dragging them into the house. I stepped forward and heard a branch break under my foot. I stepped back as one of the men pointed into my direction. The guy who had saved Joseph walked into the forest as I hid. I suddenly saw Joseph walk out of some bushes, "Thank you for saving me." He nodded as I was about to walk out, "Look it here. The little boy who you said you killed."Joseph looked frighten as the man shot the guy and grabbed Joseph's hand and ran. I followed them for a while but then lost their path. It took me almost three days before I ran into Annie. She took me in and once I turned 18 Kent came to take me to be his Luna....

I opened my eyes and noticed I was sitting in the center of the house. I looked up as I heard something almost a whisper, "Find Them, Remember." I stood and closed my eyes... as I raced in the forest and stopped. I opened my eyes and noticed the burnt down pack house. I closed my eyes again as I pushed through bushes and shrubs and felt my eyes open again. I looked around and noticed this is where I had lost their scent so many years ago. I heard the whisper again, "Find them." I stopped and looked around, "I don't know where they are this is the last place I ever saw them." I shook my head, 'I am talking to nothing.' I sighed as Athena pushed me back, 'Athena you ok?' She shifted as we raced through the forest, 'I can't explain it but something is telling me to go this way.' I felt her suddenly shift and go away, 'Athena?' I walked forward as I hit a smell, "Wet dog?" I began to run as it got stronger and stronger. I screamed as my feet slipped and I felt my body falling over a cliff into a big pool of water. "Joseph run," I heard a deep voice say, "No not this time!" I felt my body hit the water as two shadows swam to me. I pushed to the surface as I looked at a familiar face. He looked at me as his eyes widened, "You!" I felt two strong arms grab me and pull me to shore, "Who are you and How did you find us?" I looked at the man and then turned to the guy, "Joseph." He nodded, "Do you remember me?" He nodded, "You were in the closet." I nodded as I gently touched his face, "You look so much like my brother Clyde." He looked shocked, "He was my dad." I looked over at the guy, "You were the one who burned my house down." He looked at me harder, "You must be Kate." I nodded as Joseph walked in front of me and hugged me. The man held out his hand, "I am Ben." I bowed, "Nice to meet you." He looked at me, "How did you escape?" I looked at Joseph, "Well my brother Clyde saved me kind of. My mom hid me in the closet and when Clyde was coming to get me you guys walked in. Then Joseph opened the door and then closed it again. Once the house was on fire I ran to a room and jumped out the window. I ran to the pack house and noticed everyone died." Ben sighed dropping his head, "Sorry." I touched his shoulder, "It's ok you at least saved my nephew." Joseph looked at me, "You were the one who broke the branch." I nodded, "I was going to come out when I saw both of you but then that other guy showed up. I turned my best to follow you guys but after a while I lost the trail." He hugged me, "I am sorry." I nodded as I looked at Joseph. I touched his shoulder as I felt flashes of my past going off like Kent taking me from Annie and then when he hit me. Joseph growled loudly, "Who was that?" I whimpered, "No one." He touched my head as more bad memories flashed through my head. I felt my feet collapse as Ben ran to me, "Kate!" I cried, "His name is Kent and he was my 'mate' a long time ago. He took me and tried to marry me and he hurt me." Joseph grabbed me, "I am so sorry." I looked at him, "How can you do that?" He looked at Ben who nodded, "Well my mom was a witch and my dad a wolf. I am a witch wolf." I gasped as I heard a loud growl and looked up at Alex. Joseph grabbed me as Ben stood in front of him, "Guy calm boy that is my Mate." Ben gasped, "His dad was the one who sent us to kill your family." I looked at the Ben...