1. Hop

(This story is being rewritten, though the first chapter or two are very similar. It is bxbxb)

Welcome to Flora's Pet Shop!

Through our doors you will find the most adorable bunny rabbits!

The most incredibly gorgeous birds.

And don't forget the reptiles! Any pet you'd want, we've got it!

Just come on down and pick out your new best friend today!

You've got to be kidding me. Warden thought as he read the paper his little sister shoved in his face during their ritualistic Saturday morning breakfast. It was the only day he was consistently off work, so he'd made a deal with her that he'd at least take her to breakfast each morning. After that, however, was always up in the air. He was on call, but at that moment he felt like calling a certain someone. If he had to be dragged to the new giant pet shop that opened up downtown, then his friend would be going, too.

With a slight grin he told his sister to finish up her meal and dialed his phone. Drake picked up on the first ring, telling Warden that he was either bored out of his mind, or trying to dodge a woman he'd slept with last night. When a muffled female shout came through the phone, Warden figured that it was the latter.

"I've got an out for you. Lay wants to go to the new pet store that just opened up. Care to join us?"

Drake didn't even wait a second after Warden had finished speaking to chime in an ecstatic "Yes!"

Shaking his head, Warden chuckled into the phone. Drake already knew what he was thinking though, and quickly spoke before he could chastise him. "Don't even, War. You know the only reason you don't get laid nearly as much as I do is because you spend so much of your time at that house with your little sister. If you would just use your apartment penthouse I know you'd wake up with a woman every morning, just like me."

Warden rolled his eyes, but he couldn't argue. He barely got any with how busy he was, and considering he'd spent the last week sleeping at the mansion his sister lived in with their four maids and butlers, he was stretched pretty thin.

"Yeah yeah. You wanna drive or me?" Warden asked.

"You. I just need to tell this woman that I don't do commitment for the fifteenth time, shove her out the door, and then hop in the shower. I should be ready by the time you pull up."

"Roger, we'll head over in a few minutes."

Drake acknowledged and quickly hung up, likely to deal with the woman who wanted a ring on her finger after a one night stand that he'd likely not remember tomorrow.

Yup. Definitely Drake.

They'd known each other since high school, and to say that they had literally slept through the entire junior, senior, and even a bit of the sophomore class's females would not have been an understatement. Most of the time they'd shared the girl between themselves, but after graduating and taking spots in his father's company, Warden as Vice CEO and Drake as a high level manager, they had both been too busy to return to their former ways.

"War? Let's go! Let's go! I wanna get a bunny!"

Uh oh. Another one?

She'd had several over the years but for some reason they never quite lasted. He knew that the first one was poisoned after Layla had fed it chocolate and peanut butter. A lot of chocolate and peanut butter. The second, well, that one bit her. So it was returned immediately. She kind of brought it upon herself by tugging its ears, but either way, he couldn't have an animal biting his little sister. The last two passed when he had been spending some time away at his penthouse, so he wasn't really sure what had happened to them, though he had a feeling that she might have let them go outside by mistake thinking that they would just come back. There would have been a lot more tears if they had actually died like the first one.