21. Relax

(Just a quick chapter cause It's my bday and Snowman's, and we both decided we wanna go to bed XD Also, Daxxy says hello. He was feeling quite smug for tripping both the dogs earlier.)

Warden had been watching and listening, but he knew that he shouldn't have. He inwardly groaned when the door was slammed in Cerat's face. When the guy turned to face him with a raised eyebrow, Warden pursed his lips, trying to think of a way out of the awkward conversation that was likely about to happen. 

"You like him..." Cerat mumbled more to himself than to Warden, though his eyes were locked on his after he finished speaking. 

 Warden dropped down onto the edge of his bed and shrugged. 

"I don't know what the heck is going on, honestly." He replied. 

Cerat leaned back against the wall after retrieving the container of spinach Warden hadn't noticed he had before. After he took a few bites, then swallowed, he tossed the empty plastic aside and continued their conversation. 

"You do realize that the next time they come, they'll try to file my teeth." 

Warden had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he slowly nodded. There was no way they could get around that next time the man came. 

"I don't believe I have to spell this out to the werewolf, but just in case you think I'm going to let that happen now that I'm getting stronger, I won't." 

Hearing such words from Cerat wasn't surprising considering how much he'd already changed since he'd started holding down blood, somewhat. Running his fingers through his hair, Warden tugged at the strands for a few moments, until he thought he had a decent idea to present to Cerat. 

"Maybe we can get some pain meds this time. That way it won't hurt as much. They have some really good ones... I just have to get approved. I could call them now."

The look on Cerat's face had his words drifting off to near silence as he finished speaking. When the vampire just rolled his eyes, Warden knew that his idea was being dismissed. 

Not good. Really not good. 

Standing up, Warden stalked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him before turning to Drake, intent on telling the guy that they were in big trouble with Cerat. Or, at least he was. Drake had nothing to do with it in a legal sense. He could get off scotch free, and probably would when everything went down, but Warden was stuck. And Cerat would be dead if he went against what was written in the contract. He had to get his fangs ground. 

"Drake, we have a proble-oh my god!" 

Whirling around, Warden glared at the door as he felt his face heat up to the point where he began sweating in the humid room. Drake had evidently taken a very fast bath. 

"We're out of bodywash... I'll just grab the extra you leave over here on the sink." Drake said, his voice deepening as he got closer. Warden watched him in the mirror, trying to keep his eyes above his waist. Thankfully, the glass was decently fogged up from how hot Drake made the water.

He had to bite his lip to keep from flinching as Drake's wet arm brushed against his right one as he grasped the bottle of bodywash. Instead of going back to the bath, however, Drake got even closer. When his chest pressed up against Warden's back, he felt his wings fidget just beneath his skin. His fight or flight senses were getting close to triggering, but he forced himself to take a deep breath in order to keep himself from overreacting. 

"He's not going to let them hurt him anymore... and I don't blame him." Drake said near Warden's ear, making him turn his head so that he could partially see him without pressing his cheek to Drake's lips.