23. Annoy

The moment he stepped back into the apartment Drake felt his wolf slip away, leaving him naked as he turned and shut the door, then turned again to face Cerat. He was perched on the arm of the sofa like a cat, watching him with a slight head tilt. 

"What? Clearly you've got something to say." Drake growled, more than a bit frustrated that Warden had just literally run from him. 

"Bite me." Cerat replied, earning a frustrated grumble from Drake as he stomped up to him. 

"You're asking for it, leech. I only have so much restraint." He hissed angrily. 

To his surprise, though, Cerat just shrugged and tilted his head. "I'm serious. Bite me. You both only did it once, and while I don't want Warden to do it anymore since I don't want him to be able to influence me, I do want you to do it." 

Drake took a step back, putting some space between them so that he could think. Warden had not wanted to do that whole sire thing again, but he had no qualms with getting more control over Cerat... although, he was curious as to why he wanted to do it. 

"What's the deal with wanting to continue that, by the way? Aren't you already meshing better with your vampiric side? Do you really need to be bitten again?" He asked. 

Cerat nodded, licking a bit of blood away from his lips that he'd missed earlier. 

"I think I need it more, until a bond is formed, at least. I sometimes feel like my old self, but at the same time, my new personality revolving more around my vampire takes over. It's frustrating to feel like my mind is sometimes split in two." 

I can understand that. Drake thought as his wolf growled inside his head. 

"Fine, you just want me to take a nibble?" He asked. Drake knew that Warden wouldn't be too happy, but he doubted that Cerat would intentionally tell him about it. 

Hopefully the mark heals before War gets back. 

Licking his lips once, Drake stepped forward and leaned over, reaching around Cerat's head to pull his hair aside. 

"Don't cry, cause I'm not gonna care." He said before abruptly snapping his teeth down, and through, Cerat's cold skin. 

He definitely wasn't the best tasting thing he'd ever bitten into, but Drake forced himself to hold on for a few seconds before releasing Cerat and running to the kitchen to rinse his mouth out. 

"You taste like roadkill by the way." He grumbled after he spat out another mouthful of red-tinged water. 

Cerat walked over and took a few paper towels, pressing them against the injury he'd just been given. "Comes with the whole undead thing." He said with a half smile. 

"Whatever. You feel less like two people and more like one now, or no?" Drake asked, eyeing Cerat with concealed interest. 

"Not sure if it's that simple... but, tell me to do something." Cerat said, then quickly added. "That doesn't involve anything perverted." 

Rolling his eyes, Drake lifted a hand to his chin and thought for a moment, then snapped his fingers and grinned. 

"Go make the bed, please. We all seem to forget to do that." 

Of course, they never really forgot, they just chose not to do it, but it was a pretty simple command to try out. He expected Cerat to mouth off to him, or at least give him a decent glare, but surprisingly, he just shrugged and did as he was told. 

Following him, Drake was shocked to see the bed completely made in all of three minutes. It looked like it was professionally done... until Cerat jumped right in the middle of it and rolled around for a few seconds.