18. Like

So hungry. 

Rolling around on the small, dingy sofa, Drake felt his tired eyes crack open for the fifth time. With a blurry look at the clock on his phone, he groaned and moved onto his stomach. Perfect. Three hours of sleep. Shitty sleep, at that. 

Pushing himself up to a sloppy sitting position, he leaned back against the sofa and glanced around the dark room. He never needed the light, as his eyes were perfectly good in the darkness when he let his wolf move a little closer to the surface. It had thankfully calmed down, but Drake knew that if he went into the bedroom again, it would probably end unfavorably. 

"So then what are you going to do?" He asked himself in a gruff whisper. 

Flexing his fingers in his lap, he eventually decided that a nice long run was the perfect solution... or at least, the one that didn't lose him a friend. The words echoed in his head as if he had shouted it out loud. 

He is a friend. There's no reason why I'm feeling so... horny, towards him. 

Running shaky fingers through his messy hair, Drake blew out a breath and stood. After a slight tug on the strands, he strode over to the door and jerked it open. 

"Let's get the hell outta here and actually think about something." He said to himself with a smirk. 

Drake allowed his wolf to take control as soon as he got outside, for the most part. He kept himself at the forefront of it's mind, making sure that it didn't just turn right around and run back into the building. 

After he got into a decent lope, Drake turned his attention to just settling his the jumbled emotions in his head. He hardly ever thought so hard about anything, yet Warden was now nagging at his mind constantly. He wasn't used to caring about anyone he wanted to screw. Why the hell did you pick Warden this time, mutt? He asked his wolf, getting a gruff grunt in response as he allowed his beast to decide on their course. 

He knew that he was being watched by several people, and possibly an angel or two upon a rooftop, but he wasn't in the mood to deal with any of them. Even his wolf, who hated being stared at, ignored the added pressure that came along with others' eyes. Ducking into a familiar alleyway, he took his time to mark his territory before sauntering out the other way. 

He was in the part of town that his last hookup lived. I could just go get it out of my system... she only cost me a decent dinner and some pretending to care. 

The idea hit him a second later, making his wolf give an awkward grin as it immediately turned on its heels and started back towards Warden's place. Drake honestly wasn't sure what his actual plan was, but he knew better than to try and dissuade his wolf when it had its mind set to something. 

He's calmed down, at least, so maybe this won't end too badly.

Drake wasn't exactly confident, but as he allowed his wolf to shift into his lycan form, granting it arms and legs to open the side door to the back of the shop, he knew that he was better off just trying to focus on keeping the wolf calm enough so that it would allow him to shift back. The climb up the stairs was quick, and soon he was back inside of Warden's apartment. The sudden hit of his scent made Drake's wolf groan, but he was ready for it and reassured the animal. 

After sitting in the entryway for a few moments, Drake was able to take control back. His wolf was reluctant to hand it over, but it seemed to know that Drake needed to be the one to handle the situation from there on. It did, however, have a plan B. Always. Drake hoped it wouldn't come to that, though. Plan B with a werewolf was never a good plan... especially because plan A was usually bad enough as it was. 

When he was sure he had full control, Drake carefully began to move. He peeked out and around the corner toward the dark kitchen, then chastised himself mentally for thinking that Warden or Cerat would be up so illogically early. He's probably not even bothered by what I did... or at least not in the same way I am. He had no doubt that being kissed by his best friend of too many years was worrying, or at least scarring, but he didn't think Warden was ready to throw himself at him and skip work to learn each others' bodies. 

The idea of getting to touch the angel everywhere he never had was not what Drake needed running through his mind right then. His wolf enjoyed the images, though, and continued replaying them as Drake forced himself to move. He took each footstep one at a time. He thought that he could handle his wolf easily after it allowed him back in control, but the darn mutt was doing its best to both make him harder than a brick and distracted enough to lose his ability to hold back. 

I swear you're going to go to obedience class at Cerat's pet shop if you don't back the hell off for five minutes! 

The reprimand seemed to fall on deaf ears at first, but when Drake's feet finally stopped outside of the bedroom, his wolf allowed the perverted images to fade. Thank you. He thought to it, grateful to have a few moment's reprieve. 

"Drake?" 

Fuck. Nuggets. 

Biting his tongue, Drake looked toward the kitchen. Warden was there, a mug of what smelled like hot chocolate grasped between his hands. How in the hell did I not actually look in there or smell that! There was just enough light coming from the little night light plugged in by the stove for Warden to likely have been able to see without needing to turn on a light.

"Hey." Drake eventually said after realizing that he hadn't replied for almost a full minute. 

Not my fault. He's shirtless and I'm horny as hell because of my damn mutt half. 

"You went for a run really early, or technically, late." Warden stated quietly before taking a sip of his drink.  

Drake knew what he wasn't saying, and was glad that he didn't voice it. There was so much tension between them, even though they didn't show it. When neither of them spoke again for too long, according to Drake's wolf, it nudged his mind and growled. It was a warning that it was going to come out if he didn't do something about the situation. Swallowing down his nerves, Drake took a small step forward and cleared his throat. 

The sound had Warden lowering his cup from his lips before his tongue swiped along them to clean the leftover liquid. I'm gonna die. Drake thought to himself as he hurried to force words from his mouth. 

"Will you go out on a date with me!" 

He meant to ask it as a question, but it was more of a shout. Or threat. There was a bit of a growl towards the end. Drake felt like he should run back out the door and just wake up tomorrow in some alleyway pretending that it was a dream, but when he heard Warden chuckle quietly, his eyebrows went up and a questioning look formed on his face. 

What's funny? I'm not humping the air or drooling... I think.

"Alright, Drake. I'm taking Cerat to work tomorrow, but would you like to meet us at the little restaurant down the street after that?" 

Drake couldn't shut his mouth. He actually agreed? A whirl of confusion and surprise swam through his tired mind until he felt something warm being pressed into his hand. Looking down, he hurried to grasp the cup of barely drunk hot chocolate, then let his eyes lift to Warden. 

"Go get some rest. You're going to be dealing with the lawyers tomorrow about that person I just fired in your department." Warden said, adding a smirk in before walking back into the bedroom and shutting the door. 

Fuck me. And he meant it, too. But he didn't want the being fucked to involve actually working at his job again! That's what he thought, but as he downed the drink in a few gulps, rinsed it, then set the cup in the dishwasher, he knew that he would work his ass off tomorrow, because making Warden happy suddenly mattered more to him than having some random chick beneath him every other night. 

That third wheel is going to be a bit annoying, though. I've seen him try to sneak in on Warden. Guy's getting too cocky. He thought as he dropped down onto the sofa and yawned. Surprisingly, as he began drifting off again, his wolf didn't seem nearly as bothered by the information as he thought it would be.