No Man's Land

Eunkyung laid out on the floor of her living room as she lazily flipped through her textbook, waiting for a knock on the door. She wasn't paying attention to the words on the page her eyes eyes ran across the page in a habitual way.

It felt wrong to be in her cabin on a Friday.

When she had left school that day, every other student was buzzing with excitement over the coming weekend. Friends were meeting up at the front of the school before running off to start their adventures for the weekend but Eunkyung watched them go with little excitement of her own.

Her weekend was shaping up to be the same as it use to be.

While the boys next door had extended their welcome to let her come and go as she pleased, Eunkyung was still hesitant to come over without being invited. So even though she only went over to play video games everyone once in a while (And mainly just when Jackson practically forced her to come), Fridays were always spent with them.

They would have a loud, delicious, and slightly crazy dinner together before having hot chocolate and s'mores around the fire.

Eunkyung glanced at the clock and watched dinner time come and go while she waited for Jungkook to come over. Guilt chewed in her stomach and she slammed her textbook closed before pulling out hr phone to try to distract herself and burn time by mindlessly rolling through the internet.

Youngjae had been super sweet when Eunkyung ran into him on the path between their houses and didn't even blink an eye when she stuttered out some lame excuse about homework. She really shouldn't feel bad about not going, after all, everyone has their own life and sometimes meetings like that couldn't always happen.

But, something about it being Jungkook made anxiety corse through Eunkyung's veins.

Jungkook.

At the thought of him, Eunkyung bite her lip and nervously tugged at her hair.

Something about him made her feel uneasy. Which seemed a bit unfair, considering he hadn't done anything particularly bad. He was just a quiet, kind of awkward guy with an overprotective roommate who owns a cafe.

A roommate who kills wolves because he thinks that a large population justifies their murder and put their pelts on his cafe's floor to fit his aesthetic.

Eunkyung shivered slightly and wrapped her arms around herself.

No matter what she did, she could shake off the unfounded unease that came with Jungkook and Jin.

Just then, a loud, sharp knock rang through her cabin and scattered all her thoughts.

Eunkyung glanced up at the door before hoisting herself up and dragging herself over to the door. After quickly glancing in the mirror by her door and making sure her hair looked alright, Eunkyung unlocked the door and opened it. On the other side was Jungkook wearing a sheepish expression, holding a plate with rice crispy treats on it.

"Sorry I'm late," He mumbled and held out the plate to her. "Jin wanted to make sure I didn't come empty handed."

Wordlessly, Eunkyung took the plate and gave a kind of confused, dazed expression. Suddenly remember that Jungkook was standing on her porch, waiting to be let in, she quickly stepped to the side.

"Come on it," She opened the door a little wider and Jungkook crossed over the threshold.

Jungkook glanced around the small entryway and his eyes lingered on the coat rack filled with sweaters and hats of Eunkyung's. She locked the door behind them and stepped past him on her way to the kitchen.