No and Yes

Jungkook sat in his room, staring at the wall. He had been sitting there so long that the room had grown dark as the sun set yet he hadn't moved to turn the lights on. The darkness was only interrupted by him pressing the home button on his phone, desperate for a message. Even though he knew there was nothing there, he unlock it occasionally to look at his messages with Eunkyung, just in case he missed something. But the messages remained the same, almost mocking him.

Jungkook: R U okay?

Read 3:14

It was 7:58 now and nothing had changed in the almost 5 hours it had been since she'd seen the message.

Jungkook looked at the screen dully before letting it fall from his grasp. He brought his blanket closer to him and rubbed the soft fabric on his face as an act to comfort him.

There was a soft knock on the door. Jungkook ignored it and continued to stare at the wall. But the person on the other side of the door wasn't easily deterred. They opened the door and flipped on the light, causing Jungkook to moan and try to hid his face with his blanket. The blanket was then promptly ripped from him, revealing J Hope screaming excitedly. Jungkook shot him an unimpressed look and J Hope mirrored him.

"She hasn't responded." It wasn't a question.

Jungkook ignored him and curled on his side again to resume staring at the wall.

"I don't get it." J Hope said to the room.

Jungkook sighed and decided to humor him. "Don't get what."

"You obviously like her. Why don't you just ask her out? Then she'll respond to all of your texts."

"... It's not that simple." Jungkook mumbled and sunk further into his blanket.

"I think you're just over complicating things."

Jungkook was silent. J Hope saw that he had gotten everything out of him that he would and stood to leave. He stood up from the bed and turned the lights back off before he closed the door.

Once again shrouded in the darkness, Jungkook pressed the home button on his phone.

Jungkook: R U okay?

Read 3:14

The same text stared at him mockingly.

In a flash of anger, he threw his phone across the room. It hit the wall with a thump and fell to the ground pathetically.

"Why don't you just ask her out? Then she'll respond to all of your texts."

"... It's not that simple."

Jungkook sat up suddenly and grabbed his phone again.

But what if it was that simple?

***

Eunkyung took her books out of her locker with a sigh. She had been seriously tempted to skip class again, but she knew Jr wouldn't have been pleased by that. What she really wanted to do was just hang out with the wolves, but she knew they would much rather she get her education. Taking one last look at her locker, she shut it and turned around to head to class.

"Eunkyung!" A voice cried, stating her.

Jungkook ran over to her, panting slightly. "You're alright!"

"I am?" Eunkyung said with a questioning tone. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You weren't at class yesterday! You never miss class! And you left my house so quickly! I didn't know if you were okay! Plus you didn't answer my text!" He listed off all the reasons as if he had rehearsed it. "I was worried the wolves had gotten you."