Chapter 6

Hermione's P.O.V.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled and started to run to Percy, but Piper and Hazel held her back. I watched in horror as images of monsters and gruesome scenes flashed through the mist. Finally, Jason ran up and pulled Percy out from the mist. The images stopped, and Percy collapsed to the ground.

"Annabeth?" he whispered weakly.

"I'm right here Percy," she pulled him up. For some reason, Piper splashed water in his face, and he straightened up.

"Thanks guys," And with that he walked out of the room; the other new kids following him. As soon as they were out, I heard someone burst into laughter.

"Oh, that was hilarious! Did you see his face? He was so scared! HA!" I turned and saw Harry sprawled across the floor. "That is such a handy trick!"

"Harry! Did you do that!?" Hermione asked furiously.

"Of course!" Harry answered, but his smile fell off his face when Hermione whipped out her wand.

"Harry James Potter! What on earth has gotten into you!"

"Hermione, put down your wand."

"No."

"Hermione!"

"What are you going to do, huh? Fight me?"

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled, but she deflected the spell. She flicked her wand, and a jet of red light flew out and hit Harry. He froze for a second, and then screamed,

"Sectumsempra!"

Hermione gasped as cuts started to form on her skin. Her pure white clothes slowly turned blood red. She muttered a healing spell, and thankfully, her skin healed and her clothes turned white again.

"I can't believe it Harry. I thought you were better than this. I guess all your fame has gotten to your head finally. I'm sorry, but we can't be friends." she said quietly and turned away, wiping away tears from her face. She took a seat as far away from Harry as possible, and after a scolding from the teacher to Harry, and detention for the next week, Harry angrily sat down as well. The class continued like normal, and finally, the day was over.

----------------------------Time skip to 9:00 PM in the Gryffindor common room----------------------------

"Hermione, I heard what happened in class today, are you okay?" As soon as Hermione entered the common room, Annabeth rushed over to her with a worried expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The thing that worries me is that something seems wrong with Harry. He wasn't like this until you guys came along. Actually, he was fine when he met you, right? The real problems started after the Sorting Ceremony. Speaking of which, you guys never got sorted, right? Then why are you in the Gryffindor room?" she said. Annabeth shot a glance at Percy, but I couldn't tell what it meant.

"Well, the thing is, we can't really be sorted, because the Sorting Hat doesn't understand us, since we're from America. We've already been sorted into our own houses there, so the hat can't sort us again. Professor McGonagall gave us the passwords to all the house dormitories, but we prefer to stay here." Annabeth smiled. Then she yawned. "I'm gonna go to bed, good night!"

"Night," I said, but she was already gone. Percy got up from the chairs by the fire and looked wistfully at them.

"They're not going anywhere Percy, you can just relax in them tomorrow," I said smiling. He looked at me, then the chair.

"Don't worry chair, I'll be back! Just don't tell Annabeth, okay, or she'll kill me!" He grinned at me, a troublemaker grin that made his eyes sparkle. Oh my god, he was so sweet! I hoped we could become friends. Annabeth was lucky to have a guy like him. Of course, I had Ron, and he meant the world to me. But sometimes I wished he would be a bit more funny and calm, not always to nervous and serious.

"Move out of the way, this chair is mine!" I pushed him away and plopped onto the comfy chair.

"No way, this is mine!" he joked and pretended to be sad.

"Well too bad, I claimed it now! Ha! Go sit on the floor" I teased. He gazed at me, eyes wide like a baby seal's.

"What if I my spine got damaged because of the roughness and I died? Then you would have to live with the guilt your entire life."

I laughed. "I'm not moving. If you want the chair, your gonna have to take it from me."

He opened his mouth to retort back, but Annabeth called his name from upstairs.

"I better get going, before she comes down. You win for now, but this is not over! Good night chair!" He smiled at me once again, and then went up to Annabeth's room. I smiled happily. Percy sure was a funny person. He made me laugh even when I was having a bad day. As I gazed into the warm embers of the fire, exhaustion overcame me. Too tired to even go to my bed, I closed my eyes and fell into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter! The Percy and Hermione moment was kind of a filler part. Wait, that makes it sound like they're together. That's not what I meant! Percabeth and Romione shall live forever! Anywho, on with the QOTC. Good job to AserehtAri for answering the last question correctly.

QOTC: What did Annabeth give to Percy in Hephaestus's forges during the Battle of the Labyrinth?