Chapter 8

Annabeth's POV 

"AGHHH!" Annabeth jolted awake as a scream pierced the tranquility of the dorm room. She instinctively reached for her dagger, before forgetting it wasn't there. Then she looked over and her heart skipped a beat. The scream came from...Percy! A pool of blood surrounded him and his hair was matted to his face. 

"Percy!" Annabeth leaped out of her bed and ran to him as he continued to writhe in agony. Just as she reached his bed, he stopped yelling and became still. "P...Percy?" She stretched out an arm to him, hesitant to wake him. But whatever she was going to do, she was stopped by a loud knock on the door. 

"Percy! Annabeth! Open up!" Annabeth waved her wand and the door flew open, revealing all their friends and Professor Mcgonagall at the door, all of them with their wands brandished. 

"Guys...please help! I woke up when he screamed...and I don't know what's wrong!" Annabeth sobbed and collapsed to the floor. 

"Shhhh. It's all right," Piper and Hazel knelt down next to her, their voices soothing. 

"But...so much blood!" She cried. Piper and Hazel looked at her, confused. 

"Annabeth, what are you talking about?" Piper asked. 

"What do you think! He's bleeding!" 

"Annabeth, calm down. He's not bleeding at all. Relax." Hazel looked at her with pity in her eyes. 

"You have to believe me! Please!" 

"Annabeth, why don't you go lie down? Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be fine," Piper led her over to her bed and covered her with her cover. Then she smiled at Annabeth and walked back to Percy. Annabeth gasped. All the blood had vanished! In fact, he looked like he was peacefully sleeping, except for the fact that he had screamed. Professor McGonagall waved her wand and poured something into Percy's mouth. Then with another wave, she lifted him into the air and floated him out of the room, all the boys following her. Piper and Hazel walked back to her. 

"He's fine, just some nightmares. McGonagall's taking him to Madam Pompfrey, and he'll spend the night there. Now just relax and drink some of this," Hazel held up an uncorked vial of an orangey liquid. Annabeth tipped back her head and gulped it down, and a few seconds later, her eyelids started to grow heavy. She closed her eyes and settled into a dreamless sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason's P.O.V. 

Jason awoke to a glass of ice cold water in his face. 

"Hey! What was that for?!" he complained. Piper smiled up at him. 

"It's time for our classes sleepyhead. You overslept," 

Jason groaned and got out of bed. He put on his glasses and looked around. The curtains were pulled open, revealing the bright sunshine. 

"Wait a minute! Today's Quidditch tryouts!" he exclaimed, grabbing his robes and throwing them on over his jeans and t-shirt. He hadn't bothered to get back into his nightclothes last night, he was too tired. 

"Jason, how do you even know about Quidditch tryouts? No one said anything to you about them!" Piper said. 

"Oh, me and the boys found out a while ago. We've been practicing in secret," Jason grinned at her. 

"Well, you won't be able to try out if you get detention being late for class! Let's go!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip to After Classes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"TRYOUTS TIME!!!!! COME ON BOYS!! YOU HAVE TO GO!!" Percy yelled. He looked a lot better than last night, but there were still dark circles under his eyes. Thankfully, he was back to his old, sassy, energetic self. 

The other boys and I grabbed our brooms from under our beds and dashed to the Quidditch field. But when we got there, Jason was surprised to see Piper, Annabeth, and Hazel already on brooms, flying around the field. 

"What are you girls doing here?! I didn't think you even knew about Quidditch!" Frank yelled as they came to a stop. The girls flew down and landed in front of them. 

"Oh, me and the girls found out a while ago. We've been practicing in secret," Piper played Jason's words back to him. 

"Whatever. We're totally going to beat you!" Jason grinned and mounted his broom. 

"It's on!" Annabeth zoomed back into the air. A few minutes later, as we were practicing, Harry, Ron, and Ginny walked onto the field, their brooms in hand. 

"So, I'm the captain and-" Ginny was cut off by Harry's yell. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!??!" 

"What does it look like we're doing? We're here to try out!" Jason yelled back. 

"Harry! Calm down! I will ban you from trying out if I have to!" Ginny frowned. Harry glared at her, but he shut his mouth. 

"As I was saying, I'm the captain. I used to play Seeker, but now I'm Chaser. So, mount your brooms and let's start!" 

An hour later, we were all done, and night had fallen.

"I'll inform you of the results tomorrow. Good night!" 

We walked back to the dormitories, and Jason plopped onto his bed. 

"Good night Piper!" 

"Night Jason!" 

Jason closed his eyes and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter wasn't that great, but I was running out of ideas. Sorry! :( 

I feel like I've been writing too much dark stuff, so the next chapter is definitely going to be happy one! Nothing bad, at all! 

I want to know your honest opinions. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate my story, 10 being the best, and 1 being the worst?

The answer to the last question was the Kerkopes, or the ship above deck. I specifically asked for the Blood of Olympus, which is when the scenes changed. 

QOTC: Is Jason farsighted or nearsighted? 

-GreekGeek3