::Chapter 1.3:: {Making The Decision}

Michael McIntyre's POV:

After a few agonizing moments of that irritating shrill ringing the call was finally received at the other end.

It allowed me to hear a groggy 'hello' from the person who I had been initially trying to reach in the first place.

"Thomas." I muttered desperately into the phone. There was a very short pause before the voice had started to speak up again.

"Michael! It's been awhile hasn't it?" he announced cheerfully. I raised an eyebrow at this strange behavior of his.

"Mate... are you alright?" I asked him curiously, wondering what sort of confused mental state he might have been in.

"I'm terrific! Why do you ask?" he countered with a nervous laugh that had sounded only slightly on edge.

"It's only been an hour since I've seen you." I told him slowly, beginning to wonder if I was missing something.

"Oh I know that... and YOU have this knowledge as well... but Russ... he doesn't know that." he whispered with paranoia building up in his tone.

I smiled with satisfaction to myself for I had caught on to his little game now.

"In that case then I won't disturb your family time-" he cut me off short of even one sentence, growing aggravated.

"So you're in the area then?" he questioned pleadingly, faking his excitement to visit with me and get away from his younger sibling.

"I might be. Who wants to know?" I teased for as long as I could without angering the poor bloke.

"Don't play games with me McIntyre, get your arse here NOW!" he yelled in a hush tone. I was laughing heartily by now.

"Fine then." I responded quickly, turning down the exact street in which he was currently visiting.

"When will you arrive?" he was starting to sound annoyingly clingy, with panic rising in his voice with each word he spoke.

"Blimey Thomas I don't know! I'll get there when I get there!" I scolded the man. He shot a frustrated groan into my ear.

"Well if you could give an estimation-" I immediately snapped my mobile shut and tossed it into the passenger's seat.

I let out a small repressed sigh as I watched the posh houses and flats wiz by from the side windows of my black vehicle.

The sky had now started to clear up, letting in a few spots of baby blue sky peek through the rumbling grey clouds.

A few beams of sunshine had begun to break through the once impenetrable wall of puffy darkness.

I parked right in front of the oh so familiar brick house, giving a heavy push to the horn hearing a deep honking noise travel outside.

My good friend nearly sprinted out of the house, giving a brief and insincere wave to what looked like Russ and some other young fellow.

He leaped into the car, buckling up as quickly as possible fumbling to get it latched in the right spot.

"Drive. Now." he ordered with a tone of mass hysteria filling his voice with every second that ticked by.

What the bloody hell was wrong with him? Did something traumatic happen while I wasn't there?

"Alright?" I inferred to his odd actions as I pulled out onto the road and waved to Russ and his friend.

"Yeah I was... until..." he stopped himself there, clutching the seat, and swallowing a giant glob of saliva.