::Chapter 1.19:: {Persuasion Is Tough}

Michael McIntyre's POV:

As soon as I had left the studio I immediately drove back to Muswell Hill to my home. I needed to phone Thomas.

My mobile had died after my call from Juliet, which mean my land line was the best way to go with the situation.

My main purpose was to convince him to travel with me to Bexley to talk with Kitty about my plan.

Even though I knew my intentions were wrong, it was basically the only way she would be going along with the entire thing.

It's almost physically impossible to say no to a person asking you a favor if they have people with them and participating in the conversation.

It was a method I hoped my sons would never develop. Asking parents for benefits with their friends right in front of them...

I dialed his number quickly, having to re-type in the numbers a second time after pressing the wrong ones the first.

After a few rings he finally answered with an irritated 'Hello?!' he had actually yelled quite loud, causing me to take it away from my ear.

"Thomas." I stated hopefully. His mood changed completely when he realized who the caller was. I was relieved by this.

"Good morning Michael, what do you need?" he questioned happily. I had decided against asking him what the problem was.

I would most definitely have to lie to him like I would later have to do with Kitty. I felt terrible about it, but it needed to be done.

"My erm... mother called last night and wants me to come visit her. She wants me to bring the boys." I scratched the back of my head.

That was a plausible excuse considering she lived in France. Plus I needed to pay her a visit on any road which I could do as well.

She was nagging me lately to bring her grandsons. I couldn't say no to her... she's my mother after all. 

"Oh... and you need me to be with when you ask the dumb cat?" he asked, almost reading my mind entirely.

I nodded, remembering he couldn't see me and then muttered a faint 'yes' into the phone. He paused for a moment.

"Alright, that's fine. I'll be over there in a few." he hung up, and stuck true to his word for he was knocking at my door at least five minutes later.

I grabbed my car keys and hopped into the driver's seat, reluctantly buckling up and sticking the key into the ignition.

Within seconds we were speeding away towards Bexley. I had hoped with every fiber of my being I would be able to take the boys.

After parking in their driveway, Lucas came running out as fast as his little legs could carry him, and jumped up into my arms.

"Hey buddy! Where's Oscar?" I raised an eyebrow at his small face. He pointed towards the house immediately.

"Ossy is sleeping!" he giggled, looking back at me and wrapping his tiny arms around my neck. I rubbed his back, and stood by the passenger's window of the car.

Thomas rolled it down and we waited for the she devil to waltz out of the front door. The three of us watched as she approached.

"Michael... what are you... doing here?" she crossed her arms and glanced back and forth between Thomas and me.

"I actually came to speak with you about something." I began. She didn't respond, which encouraged me to keep going.

"My mother called last night and she wants me to come visit her with the boys." I sighed, giving Lucas a small kiss on his forehead.