::Chapter 1.4:: {The Week With The Boys}

Michael McIntyre's POV:

The first day looking after the boys was a bloody nightmare, almost as terrible as the extremely aggravating traffic dream I mentioned earlier.

The morning had taken a turn for the worst the exact moment my feet made contact with the cold hardwood floor boards.

I had reached a lazy arm out from underneath my warm comforter and aimlessly searched the night stand for my black rim glasses.

After shoving them onto my face I pushed the thick blanket off of my body, exposing my warm flesh to the icy air.

My foot slid down onto the ground, feeling a cool wet sensation for only a brief moment before sliding and taking my entire body down along with it.

After a hearty lunch around noon I scurried off to the backyard and played Cricket with Lucas, pitching the ball to his wide bat.

Everything had gone by smoothly and harmlessly... until I stepped too close and was knocked in the head with the red sphere.

It left quite an unbearable large bump on the right side of my head... luckily it was not noticeable because it was hidden underneath my bouncy brunette hair.

A few hours later when I was preparing dinner Thomas took a quick stop over before heading off for an upcoming date.

As I had the hamburgers grilling he bumped into the grass which immediately started a blazing fire which grew by the minute.

It caused quite a scare with the boys, which made me order my friend to skip back inside and acquire the fire extinguisher.

He left the second the ordeal was over with, and left me to clean up the mess in which was entirely his own fault.

The next couple days had been much more productive. I had gotten through some bills and then walked with them both to the park down the street.

That was on Wednesday. On Thursday, the afternoon in which I was supposed to deliver them home, they went swimming after breakfast.

I had eventually taken them back home before leaving for Bexley and wiped them clean before putting their warm dry clothes back on.

Then it was time for me to chauffer them back through the city and to their mother's and step-father's home.The trip across town was unusually very quick. The cars piling up through the streets was lacking today.

The only thing for me to do as I paid attention to the other drivers was watch the rain drops race eachother to the bottom of the window.

I would only vaguely pay attention to this on account of my awareness that I wouldn't be going off trail.

Lucas would sometimes ask me what we would be doing on their next visit. Little did he know it wouldn't be for quite some time.

I wasn't sure what I would plan for them both, considering I only was allowed two days (one full weekend.)

I had apologized we didn't pursue many activities in our four days together this time 'round, but my secret motive was to spend as much quality time with them as possible.

The idea had not initially worked out as well as I had hoped on Tuesday morning. Perhaps that was just an off day.

As much as I hoped so, the final two were a strong step up from that... no bad occurrences... other than my bills of course.

There were days I would go off my train of thought to ponder how I became this fortunate... I do believe it was Lucas's doing.

After Kitty conceived the child I had become paranoid about making life as best as it could possibly be for him.