::Chapter 1.7:: {The House Made Of Glass}

Michael McIntyre's POV:

"Okay, we'll be at my house in about five minutes." stated Juliet from the driver's seat. I watched as other car's headlights flashed across her face.

Thomas sat in the passenger's side while I volunteered to take a seat in the back. We had been traveling for almost ten minutes.

She didn't live directly in the city, but more towards the outskirts. I hadn't even begun to think about how her flat would be big enough for the three of us.

However I didn't want to seem too outspoken and seem just shy of sounding rude, so I kept my mouth shut.

We finally pulled into a driveway that allowed us to see a lit up glass building. I raised an eyebrow as I surveyed it.

"Which one is yours?" I questioned her. She glanced to the back and set her eyes on mine, looking at me like I was simply barmy.

"Beg pardon?" she replied, shoving the keys into her pocket and hopping out of the vehicle. I got out to take a better look.

I didn't even bother to ask any further, for fear of making an idiot of myself. She looked at me while we walked to the front door.

"These aren't flats mate. This is one big house." she commented as she attempted to unlock the door.

I stopped in my tracks, right in the center of the pathway and looked over the giant home. This was mad.

"I thought, being famous and all, I was doing well for myself. You're a waitress for goodness sakes! Thank you for officially bursting my bubble." I complained sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, and came back to pull me inside. Thomas watched us both carefully as we waltzed through the doorframe.

She had her hand clutched to the sleeve of my jacket but let go once we were securely away from the outdoors.

"I'm not only a waitress." she giggled, shutting the door behind me and locking it back up before walking past us and into the living room.

I looked at her for a serious moment, waiting to hear the other job she possessed which allowed her to have such a huge place to live in.

"I also work at the college bookstore." she laughed, explaining to us her parents had bought her the abode.

'They just wanted me to live somewhere nice I suppose' is basically all she had said on the matter. We didn't push the subject.

Thomas and I had both set our luggage near the entrance, following her as she gave us the grand tour.

As we both looked around, we had both noted that this entire place was made of mainly glass. There were, however, a few rooms that were not.

"I feel like chucking a rock at the wall." I joked with a whisper to my good friend. He smiled at this comment.

"Which one?" he interrogated with a silent laugh. It was true though... throwing a rock at any of these walls could be expensive.

She had begun by showing us the first level. This consisted of the five major rooms in the entire house.

The kitchen, one bathroom, and one bedroom on the main floor were the only ones without transparent walls.

The living room and laundry room were completely see through. Even the area that lead to the stairs was mainly glass.

The upstairs had been much more private than the lower level. It contained an exercise room, a small movie room, and a rec room.