:: Chapter 1.25 :: {I'll Miss You When I'm Gone}

Michael McIntyre's POV:

This feeling of emptiness and sorrow was beginning to feel all too familiar with my body. It was nearly adapted.

I would experience the same sorry sensation each time I left the home of my beloved Juliet. I never knew how long it would be until I would see her next.

The worst part about this ordeal was the fact that my sons would be leaving me the moment the airplane landed in London.

Kitty explained thoroughly she and Lawrence would collect them from the airport. Juliet had been unusually quiet this morning.

The boys were seated in the livingroom watching cartoons while I finished the last of everything I had to pack.

Once more I had left a few of my belongings in the now full drawers of 'my' room. Something had just occurred to me.

I had my own space in her house... yet she had none in my own. That wasn't an option however. My home only possessed two bedrooms.

One for myself, and one for my children. If she would ever come to stay, she would most certainly have to use the sofa... or my room.

The second one had appealed to me more than the first. I smiled to myself, suddenly noticing a figure in the doorway.

She was leaning against the frame with a soft smile and her arms crossed tightly over her chest. There was a moment of silence.

"Is something funny?" she finally questioned, noting the smirk spread across my lips. I glanced back up at her.

"Just that I love you." I sighed. She walked over to me slow, lacing her fingers with mine, eyebrows raised.

"And that's humorous?" she tested. I placed my lips on hers for a few seconds, rubbing her arms affectionately.

"Love is funny sometimes." I shrugged innocently, returning my attention towards my duffle to zip it shut.

She wrapped her arms around me, resting her head gently on my chest. My arms rested around her, allowing me to rub small circles into her back.

"I'm going to miss you." I hadn't been told this in a very long while. It was a gift to my ears. I returned the statement.

I recalled a certain memory from my previous marriage that had gotten me to thinking of Juliet's initial response.

I had approached Kitty with caution, wondering how she would react to the statement I was about to throw in her direction.

'A lot of women have been giving me attention lately... does that make you jealous?' I thought myself to be clever in the fact I hoped she would be.

She wasn't.

'Jealous? No! You couldn't arrange to cheat on me- you'd be such a flustered mess! I laugh at the thought of you even trying to book the hotel room!'

That was her ingenious answer to my question. Definitely not the one I had been searching for. It was from then on I felt particularly glum.

I had found it rather ironic that even though my mental state MADE me stay faithful to her, she had the exact opposite problem.

She had no difficulties to cheat. It was almost uncanny. I hadn't had to give it a second thought before deciding to divorce.

If you ignore the fact, and say 'if you do this one more time, we're divorcing.' what is that doing? That's giving them permission to do it again!

For an entire day I had thought about this, pondering how it would go with Juliet. Perhaps I could try that out for size?