Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Dragons

I continue walking with Sophie through the tangled streets of our village. I'm trying to find "Dragon Transport." I turn up the next street and I see it. I go up to the window to try to get a ticket. An elf is there, but he's asleep.

"Excuse me," I say. He doesn't answer.

"Excuse me!" I say louder.

He wakes up abruptly and almost falls out of his chair.

"What?" he growls.

"I need to ride a dragon north," I say.

"You got money?" he asks.

"No," I say looking at the ground.

"Then no ride!" he sneers.

"I'm the Princess!" I gasp. (I normally wouldn't use this against people, but come on, I'm desperate.)

"Prove it!"

I take out the Lavender Pendant that only royals get.

He gasps and says, "I'm so sorry Ma'am! Alexander!" he yells. "Take this young lady to Firebolt!"

I follow the Elf to a dragon and he tells me to hop on. I get on, cradling Sophie in my arms. We take off, and we're soaring. Sometimes I feel myself lose it and scream. We soar to a small patch of grass and land swiftly. I get off and flash the Elf a smile.

"Thank you so much," I say petting Firebolt.

"My pleasure Ma'am," he says bowing. "Ma'am...." he trails.

"Yes?" I reply.

"I um, never got your name," he blushes.

"Oh...Um... it's Annabeth," I lie.

He smiles then brings Firebolt back to "Dragon Transport." I only lied about my name because I didn't want anyone to know where I've been. Although.. the Elf at the window! I told him about the Pendant! But I never told him where I was going. I only said "North." And the other Elf thinks I'm "Annabeth." Because the other Elf only called me "Young Lady." I think I'm safe. I continue walking North on "Elm Street" until I reach a forest. The Black Forest.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! Comment, Vote, Like! You are the best. Btw I'm kinda at a writer's block here... if you could give me some ideas of what could happen next it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Luv ya,

-dance4ever12 :D