Chapter 13

Head Guard's POV ---

My Second In Command has already returned.

"I've notified The King & Queen and they are fine with it," he states.

"Alright," I say.

"Split up into Four Groups. Quickly!" I command.

The Guards all quickly get into Four even groups of 20.

"Now, you will comb the North part of The Forest," I command pointing to a group of 20 men. "You the East, You the South, and you the west."

"I will be going with the Group headed North. If you find her, bring her back to this clearing and there will be 10 other Guards waiting here with transportation. Everyone understand?" I ask.

I get lots of nods. They do.

"Alright! Let's move!" I yell as we all take off running into The Forest.

Cassia's POV ---

(2 Weeks later)

A few weeks have gone by, and they have been lovely. I've spent time cleaning the cabin, washing clothes, cooking meals (with help of course), giving Sophie a bath (she HATED it), setting snares, and learning Archery. I've learned more from Jeff in 2 weeks than I ever could have learned in 2 months at the castle.

I am still sick, though I have not found out why. Jeff thinks it may have been something I ate, or maybe I'm just Homesick. I doubt that, though.

Jeff and I have grown closer and I find myself very comfortable with him. He doesn't talk about his feelings much though, I wish he would. I think I like him... I'm not sure. I've never liked anyone before.

Sophie has adapted well to her new Temporary Home. I feel selfish when I secretly wish it was our Permanent Home. But for all I know..... it might be.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! Comment, Vote, Like! You are the best.

P.S. I know this is kind of a short chapter but I'm posting another one later today.... So hopefully with both of them combined it will make a long enough Chapter.

Love you sm,

-dance4ever12