Taget 31: The Ancient Dress

Dedicated to: LynetteArca! :)

Dara's P.O.V

I walked on the other side of the warehouse, my fingertips brushing against the old unopened boxes and when I pulled out, dust remained on my fingertips. I clenched my hand, gritting my teeth and continued to walk farther, where two muscular men stood with a rifle strapped around them and a shotgun on their hands. They have beastly features: a large crooked nose, bushy eyebrows permanently stitched in between, mouth curved down into permanent scowls, large beefy arms, large legs that were about my size and bigger torsos, about the size of twin large doors.

Somehow sensing my presence, they moved to the side and made way for me in the middle, leading to a man on a Monobloc chair. He writhed, trembled and shook but it just made the rope wrapped around him dig deeper into his flesh.

I cupped my mouth, and gushed. "Jiyong,"

He looked up, blood dripping out of his mouth and his eyes, sparkling in pain. Then, he writhed again, so the rope dug deeper and he winced.

"Dara," He softly said, and coughed out blood. There was too much coming out, but neither of the two muscular men helped him. They just watched him in pain, and so do I.

I ran up to him, hugging him, cradling his head in the crook of my neck and cooing him that all of this will be gone in just one poof. Jiyong just nodded in agreement, but either him, he wasn't sure about what'll happen. He sighed against my skin, and nuzzled, inhaling.

"Promise me you won't give up on us." He said, his breath tickling my neck.

"I promise." I said, and pulled out of the hug. Our lips crashed hungrily, craving, needing and comforting. When his tongue swiped my lower lip, and I open my mouth to let him enter, that's when I closed my eyes.

Our tongues battled for dominance, dancing and writhing against each other but when I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a different shade of eyes. It wasn't the happy dark brown ones like Jiyong. It was the vengeful dark brown ones from someone...familiar.

I pulled out; touching my mouth and saw Jaejoong on the same Monobloc chair Jiyong was sitting on a moment ago. He was also in the same condition as Jiyong, the rope digging into his flesh when he writhe.

Then, he spoke in Jiyong's voice. "Dara,"

I scoot farther from him, trembling and unconsciously, tears fell down from my eyes. I was kissing Jaejoong. What is he even doing here?

“Y-You’re not J-Jiyong.” I said, my voice barely a whisper. “W-What did you do to him, Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong sighed, and he broke the rope wrapped around him by raising his folded arms. “I can’t believe you’ll tell me that also. Ever since I was ten, people would tell me, ‘You’re not like Jiyong.’ or ‘I can’t believe Jiyong had put up with a brother like you.”

With every step he went closer; I scoot farther, until my back bumped against a something warm and big. I looked up and saw one of the muscular men then, I looked back at Jaejoong. He was inches close to me; the heel of his toes touching his buttocks, his tiptoes the only one touching the ground and his hands draped around his knees. I was amazed how he kept up with that position, given that it’s hard for anyone to keep at that position for a long time.

“I always want to be at par with Jiyong, every single time. A tie, maybe. I don’t want any of the two of us go up or down from each other. I just have this vision that I want us to be fair and balanced at all times because that’s what my mother had told me. Siblings share what they have.” He said, looking down at the concrete floor and intertwined his fingers. “But he has always excelled at everything. At first I was fine with it, because I catch up with him just fine and I realize, we won’t be at par at everything; someone will still excel than the other. But the people around us defined me as a loser, a complete opposite of Jiyong and it slowly got on my nerves. I didn’t rant about it at first but when high school graduation came, my nerves just popped and I started to get mad at Jiyong. In him and everything he has done since then.”