Target 2

"Sorry but let's break-up." Ashley, the leading lady in the teledrama, says and her eye starts to become teary.

I told you. I told you didn't I? This will never benefit us more than we expected it to!

Dara fights her tears back. She was expecting she was over it already after two years—over the fact that once the relationship has ended, of course their friendship will too. And maybe it was the same reason why she was crying. The friend she always dearly loved now became a someone she used to know. Their relationship marred by their greediness--their selfish endeavors. 

"Why?! Are you tired of me? Is—Is it because of the company?" Gerald, the leading man, asks with a loud voice, holding her shoulders. "Please don't. Don't do this to me! I love you! I love you so much, you know that right? Right?!" He starts to shake her from left to right but she was firm, already decided. Ashley cries, trying to take Gerald's grasp off her but it was no use. He wouldn't let go. He's trying to hold onto the remaining piece before him: her physical body. Even if he cannot hold anymore her heart, at least he could hold her body. At least.

Dara sniffs, and then finally, warm tears stroll down her cheeks in a rush. She rubs them with both of her hands, trying to remove the fact she was again crying over a thing she decided upon herself. Painful arrows have always continued to stab her heart, breaking it into pieces—and even smaller pieces, while her chest felt heavy every passing moment that she remembers her break up. The day she and Youngbae broke up.

◄►

"I heard Youngbae cries at night because of that girl."

"Maybe because she's dominant or possessive."

"I heard also that Youngbae is lying to her. They don't love each other anymore and that relationship thing is just a big lie now."

Dara covers both of her ears and closes her eyes as she tries to block all the negativities from entering her head—or they'd become tiny whispering voices that will hunt her for all of her life. She knows they were lies. They were lies concocted to ruin her relationship with Youngbae. They're just rumors—rumors they spread because he's famous and she's not. Just because she met him when he's in his at the peak. Just because she's nothing but a freelance actress.

Instead of checking on Youngbae in the practice room, Dara decided to go to Teddy, YG's producer and her dearest friend. Everything she asks, he knows exactly what to do. He always has been a great help for her, since Youngbae's fans never left her alone. Although she has another friend from the company, Bom, Teddy is highly more intellectual than Bom in terms of maturity. Because Teddy, well, she could say that he had gone through almost everything. 

She knocks three times against the metal door, and Teddy shouts from the other side for her to come inside. Dara twists the doorknob and enters his room with teary eyes. They just automatically drop whenever she sees him. And oddly enough, she visists him always whenever she's in dire need.

"Ah, Dara. What's the problem?" He asks first, looking at his computer before turning his swiveling chair to her. He checks her out, not in a perverted manner, and mutter, "I'm sorry." Teddy immediately knew what happened just from looking at her. He's too keen in observing, or rather, deducting one thing from another.

Dara uses her leg to close the door and runs to hug Teddy. She cries her heart out, her sobs and screams muffled by Teddy's shirt but that was fine. Comfort was all she needed, and he gave it to her by rubbing her back and hushing gently. Dara lifts her head up, in need of air and rests her chin on his shoulder, in order to not break the hug.