Target 9.5: His Little Brother

Author: Dedicated to NomJor. Thanks for the votes :)))))))

Dara's P.O.V

"Yes, I still do love her. Yes, I still want to be called Youngbabe." I say, imitating his voice, croaking a bit because I remembered it, just that sentence. He looks at me, his eyes into slits and forcefully whip his hair as he look ahead again. But I don't feel any anger towards them or him even though they have lied and planned a scheme involving me. Just then, I realize, love is not just a word. It's not just any emotion you feel. Not just a feeling. Maybe, I'm too young to notice how big Love is. That it's not just that easy, and has to be taken with big responsibility. Maybe, I too, was scared to lose Youngbae, and those tears back then, maybe was just the same tears I cried when Bom left me for America. Those mumbling of love and missing, is just a one whole big of misunderstanding.

"De, so what we feel all along is just...companionship?" I ask, poking his arm and he looks at me, his eyes smiling. Then he takes out his cell phone, pushing the speed dial, and Teddy's caller ID shows up. 

"Yeoboseyo, Youngbae? Did you sleep at the tavern? I told you to just act like you have a fever. But I guess, Dara'll not feel your sickness too. So, what happened? Did you tell her everything?" Appa's voice croak, nervousness is hinted in his voice. I cover my mouth, hiding my chuckle as Appa keeps on babbling like bananas on the other line. Youngbae motions me to speak, so I obey, taking out my hand from my mouth. 

"Yeoboseyo? Appa?" I answer, leaning forward to the phone. 

He laughs first, before answering. "Dara! You're there! Youngbae, you witty brat!" His voice fades down, then he nervously croaks, "How are you?"

"Youngbae told me everything, from top to bottom. Appa, ga, why'd you lied to me? Why'd you gave me advices that'll lead us to breaking up? You should've just told us both that it's just companionship, and not the relationship that we wanted." I ask, smiling and then spares a glance at Youngbae. He notices and winks at me, smiling also. "Geez, how hard it is to say that?"

"Aigoo, you'll never understand when you're in the situation. Being the oldest and the one who has many experiences is very frustrating." He pauses for a moment. "Youngbae is your first boyfriend, and same to his. How could you understand relationship seriously? The way both of your eyes sparkle are just ordinary, like friends or something. No spark or whatsoever. And I already told Bom and Top about this yesterday after Dara got home, and they said, they're on it. I told them to interrogate Dara about it, but I haven't had news." He pauses to chuckle. "Teenagers these days."

"The great Teddy Park, speaking all mighty again." Youngbae comments, rolling his eyes. I laugh, covering my mouth. Here we are again, back to our old antics, teasing Appa until he loses. 

"De, Appa, Bom and Top did interrogated me, and I know already what you meant. They just gave me hints though. Good thing our friend here, Youngbae, told me everything or I'll be as inane as Top a few hours ago." I say, pouting, and Youngbae pinches my cheeks, making me slap his hand off. When it was removed, I quickly rub my cheeks. 

"So, what's your status? It's Complicated? In A Relationship? Or Married?" Appa asks, Amusement is hinted in his voice. I look at Youngbae, raising my brows and he shrugs, signaling me to decide what our status really. 

"We're friends, companions and allies...in love." I tease, laughing and Youngbae tags along, his hand that was holding the cell phone shakes. I put my grasp on the phone too to stop his shaking, and beam at him. 

"Haha, friends that are in love? Is that a kind of joke?" 

"We love you too, Appa!" Youngbae and I exclaim together, laughing crazily. Appa heaves a sigh on the other line, and suddenly hangs up, probably thinking we're on drugs or something and he has to get away before we pick up on him. Guess, that was worth it. Knowing the truth, the true feelings and all. I can't believe Jiyong's a part of it, not that I care. But I was thankful, it ended. Peacefully. No bloodshed or whatsoever. 

Youngbae sneezes, reminding me he has a fever, and I stand up, jogging a little bit. "What breakfast do you want, Youngbabe?"

He looks at me, mystified. "Huh? What did you just call me?"

"Youngbabe." I answer, raising a brow, innocently. 

"Why? I thought we’re friends..." He asks, raising a brow. "that are in love."

"Why? I made that nickname so why bother? Geez, how kill joy can you get." I say, rolling my eyes and exit his room, my hands on my waist. The apartment wasn't messy, except for Youngbae's room with scattered clothes all over. It seems to be part of the plan. But, now that the misunderstanding is now...straightened up. How is love felt really? You know, crush is a different kind. Absolutely, that's not in the category of love. I love Bom. I love Youngbabe. I love Teddy Appa. I love Top. But do I love Jiyong? He's different from them. He's a complete stranger to me. 

I shrug and walk towards the kitchen, placing my hands on the counter, shifting my weight all to my arms. Looking up, I saw Youngbae exiting his room and go to the couch, opening the television. 

"You have a fever and you still have the energy to watch T.V?" I ask, taking my hands off the counter and walk towards the fridge, opening it. 

"I told you, the fever part is intentional. You told me once that you also feel sick when one of the persons important to you are sick, and Bom was one of them. I didn't know you'll go here though. I just wanted to know if I'm special to you." He explains, changing the channels, and I take out some mushrooms, planning to make a soup. I roll my eyes, closing the fridge using my leg, and place the mushroom on the counter. 

"Of course you are. You changed my life, had an impression and was my boyfriend. Who's dumb to not categorize you as special?" I say, placing a soup pan on the stove and turn on the stove. I start to make the soup, the cream of mushroom soup. Out of all the soups, this one is my specialty. Though Bom's used to it, she doesn't eat anymore when I cook, even Top. She said, she had overeaten and eating more will make her appetite gone. So, I just eat it myself, always.

"Yeah... Wait, Dara, so that means we're back to being friends?" He asks, making me look at him, and saw him looking at me too, kneeling on the couch. I turn my attention to the pan again, adding the mushrooms. 

"Yep." I answer, stirring the soup gently and add some condiments. When I was done, I transfer the soup to a bowl, and serve it to Youngbae, who was still watching the same show a while ago. 

"Do you have someone you like?" I ask, out of the blue, and he was taken aback, jerking away from me. On impulse, I raise a brow, placing the bowl on the center table and sit beside him, looking at him curiously. 

"Sheesh, why all of a sudden?" He asks, moving near to me, and I shrug, pressing my lips together. 

"Just a question. I mean, all of the people in the world love someone in the opposite sex." I say, placing my legs on the couch and hug my knees. "I just thought you had someone you like."

"No one. Why? Do you have one?" He asks, sipping the the soup. I think for a moment, then shrug, focusing on the show in front of me. 

"Aside from you, Bom, Top and Teddy Appa, no one. I mean, I love you guys not in a romantic way. But in the romantic way, I think, no one." I say, "No one."

"Why do you have to repeat 'no one'?" He croaks. "Does it have a meaning?"

"Youngbae, how does it feel when you're in love?" I ask, blinking my eyes twice, and turn to him. He finishes his soup, and wipes the soup-stache using his arm. Then he looks at me, seriously.

"Well, when you're in love, when you see that particular person, it feels like the world stops for a moment. You'll have the 'butterflies in my tummy' syndrome, and you can't sleep at night because you're thinking of that person." He says, resting his back on the backrest and close his eyes, placing his hand on his stomach. I turn my body, facing him and spread my legs, stretching it a bit. It soothed my body, and I feel a little light with the stretching. 

"Youngbae, I'll be going now. Take care of yourself, arasso?" I say, standing up from the couch, and stretch again, groaning. Youngbae's eyes open, looking straight at me, and he stands up too, patting my head. 

"I will, thank you." His eyes smile at me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I answer, smiling at him, and tiptoe, kissing his forehead. He salutes, grinning widely at me, and I return it, waving my hand at him as I walk towards the door. As soon as I reached the door, I open it and step outside, welcoming the cold breeze that blows up my hair. My cell phone rings, and I pick it up, yawning first before answering. 

"Yeo..." Yawns. "...boseyo!"

"Dalong! Where have you been?" I was shock to hear Jiyong's voice, making me a little awake and stop yawning. How'd he got my number? 

"De, I'm just doing something. Why?" I ask, walking towards the elevator. The doors opened, and I stepped in, the doors closing behind me. I press the ground floor, and turn off the loudspeaker because I was with a ahjussi in the elevator.

"The taping's cancelled because the other one who'll be with us in the MV is sick. Where are you?" He says, his voice getting a little worried or exasperated. 

"In an elevator." I answer, yawning again. 

"What?! You're in an elevator? What are you doing there?!" He exclaims, trying to make me deaf or something. Did he ever learn by talking calmly?

"Of course, I'm riding it to go up and down. Sheesh, do you think I'll sleep in the elevator or something?" I say, sighing and the ahjussi with me laughs, but then stopped when I spare a glance at him. Shrugging, I turn my attention to Jiyong again. 

"So, why'd you call?" 

"Um, do you have something to do?" He asks, almost barely audible. I check my wristwatch, looking at the time, and think of the alien couple. But probably, if I'll take time with them, I'll just be the outcast. Maybe spending time with this unpredictable alien will somehow make me at least, amused. 

"Nothing. Why?" 

"Can you meet me at the bench near Han River? The one where I console you about your break-up." 

"Uh, okay. Sure. I'm just near there. Annhyeong." I answer and hang up, placing my phone back into the pocket of my jeans. The elevator opens, and I step out, tucking my hands in my sweatshirt. Actually, it was the sweatshirt Bom decided for me to wear-she bought it before this day for me- because at the back, and even at the front, it has a text exclaiming "I Love GD" then at the back, at the middle just below the first text is "FOREVER". I was also wearing a light green checkered polo inside the sweatshirt. The weather is obviously cold today, and I don't know why.

Before I exit the building, I heard a comment from the ahjussi I was with in the elevator. "What an overprotective boyfriend you have there, Sandara."

I look around, searching for him, but there was no sign if an ahjussi wearing a leather jacket and a cap. He was wearing a white shirt, with Youngbae's face imprinted on it. Is he a fan of Youngbae? Or who is he really? Some kind of an ahjussi who takes care of their apartment? But I heard only an ahjumma takes care of their apartment? 

I shrug my thoughts off and start to walk to the Han River. There were a few people exercising while a few, is doing some lovey-dovey things. How stupid people could get? Flirting in an ungodly hour? What a bunch of flimsy looking people! 

When I reached the bench, I saw Jiyong sitting there nervously, his fingers tapping against his legs like he was playing a piano. I wave my palm in front of his eyes while saying, "Yeoboseyo? Are you okay?"

He looks up to me, and stands up in a sheer move, his hands just beside. "Da...long."

"Jiyong Oppa, why are you spacing out?" I ask, snapping my fingers in front of him then he moves it down. Then, I feel the urge to look around, and find some, what do you call this, bystanders looking at us like we are a prey or something. Jiyong, who was able to comprehend what is happening, cursed. 

"Sh*t!" He cursed then covers his mouth. I just roll my eyes, take off my sweatshirt then the light green checkered polo. Good thing, I was wearing a T-shirt inside, or I'll be lending him my sweatshirt. I don't want to knock my head off by laughing so hard because GD is wearing an 'I love GD' sweatshirt. 

Then, I look around, checking our surroundings, and when the coast is clear, I wrap the polo around his neck, making sure half of his face is covered. "There, no intrigues or rumors to be done."

"Huh?" He asks, holding the polo that was, I think, warming him than me. I envy him for that, though. 

"You wanted to spend time with me, don't you?" I ask, wearing my sweatshirt again, and feel a lot colder than before. Then, he nods, tucking his hands in his pockets. "Then wear that or I'll not spend time with you. How hard it is for idols to think that us, normal people want an easier life without a paparazzi."

"But you'll experience it too when you debut." He mumbles, blinking twice, and I nod. 

"As much as I can enjoy the easy life, I will, before I debut." I answer then, he looks at the opposite site, scaring the creeps out of me. When he looked at again, I could feel my knees tremble back in fear. His eyes were full of worry. 

"Dalong, are you okay?" He asks, then moistens his dry lips after. The lips that I was tempted to kiss. The lips that were, I don't know. I should stop this crazy feeling or I'll kill myself in the process. 

"Yeah, I'm okay." I answer, inevitable with what I said. Then, he steps forward, making me raise a brow. 

"No, I mean, mentally, inwardly or what you call it." He says, panicking then, I nod, pursing my lips together. He sighs, running his fingers through his hair, and grabs both of my shoulders, colliding my body to his. Then, his hands makes way to my head, pinning it to his chest as his heartbeat warms my head. His body against mine is warm, and the coldness I was feeling ago subsided. 

"What's with the drama?" I ask, and he rests his chin on my head, his jaw somehow hurts my scalp. His breathing slows up, and then he breaks the hug, making me feel cold again. When I saw my polo terribly messed up around his neck, I reach for it and fix it up again, covering the half of his face. 

"Let's go!" He exclaims, grabbing my wrist and drags me while he hops enthusiastically before I could dither. I raise a brow, raising my hood. 

"To where?" I ask, poking his back and start to walk by myself, but his grasp on my wrist wasn't taken off. 

"To my heart." He answers, and I can see his wide smile plastered on his face. I pinch the side of his waist, and he quickly jump, taking his grasp off my wrist. He looks at me, making me stop walking too, while he rubs his side, and I stick a tongue out at him. 

"You're too corny! Why do I have to spend time with a guy like you?" I comment, furrowing my eyebrows. He chuckles and then smiles at me, widely. 

"Hmm, where do you like?" He asks, cupping his chin, and I move it away, afraid that he'll mess up with the polo I wrapped around his neck. I 'tched' and fix the polo again, covering half of his face again. 

"Just make sure it'll be over quickly. Why'd you keep on messing the polo up? Do you want to run because you're being chased by a bunch of reporters?" I irritably say, my eyebrows stitched into a line. He chuckles under the polo, patting my shoulder. 

"As long as you're with me, I'm okay with it." 

"You're weirder than I thought." I comment, putting my grasp on his wrist and drag him, cautiously. I don't want to fix that polo again with his eyes staring directly at me. 

"Where are we going?" He asks, behind me, and I didn't dare to look back because I know he's smirking again. I look around then stop walking, taking my grasp off his wrist, and face him, but just regretted it after when I see a pair of pretty orbs staring at me. My eyes trail down, and I see the tips of our noses, touching each other, then I trail back to his eyes again. His stare, however, immense the heat I'm feeling, and I know it's up to no good, so I quickly turn my head to the opposite side. 

"Oi, I'm asking you. Where are we going?" He asks, his hand holds my chin, and he turns my head directly at him, his orbs staring at me directly. I hear my inner squeal, commenting how hot he is even though it was just his eyes that we are seeing, and I try my best to calm her down because her fangirling tantrums is not the best to deal with. I press my lips together, finding my tongue as I think of better places to spend time in. 

"Uhhh, it's your call. I-I can't think of better places to spend time with." I answer, and hear my inner comment that we should just go back to my apartment and watch romantic movies. But I'll just stick with Jiyong's taste. That way, I'll never get to deal with my perverted inner. 

"Hmm, how about at...oh, now I know where we'll go." He says, smiling at me, but still, his face is near to mine. "Did you have your lunch already?"

"Uh, no. Not yet." I answer, trying my best not to shout his name, because I'm getting impatient with this staring contest. 

Psh, I know you like it.My inner comments, squealing inside me again. I shake my head inwardly, and then find the courage to push Jiyong's face away from me. I hear him groan in pain and all I did was to apologize continuously. 

"For a girl like you, you sure push hard." He comments, his hand on his face as he groans in pain. Then when I find my polo now below his jaw, covering his collarbone instead the half of his face. I move near him, shove his hand away and check his face while he still groan with his eyes closed. My hand was printed on his face, it was colored red and covers his whole nose and some parts of his eyes and his lips. Guilt, spreads all over my body as I press my lips together, touching his nose. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...hurt you." I apologize, touching his nose, and he nods, but I was not convinced at all that he's okay. So, I gather up myself, and tiptoe, kissing the bridge of his nose like a mother kissing her child's boo boo. His eyes open sheerly when my lips contacted with his nose, and I move back, smiling at him. 

"Shall we go?" 

"Oh, yeah." He answers, and then leads the way, lifting the polo by himself. I stare at his figure, slowly walking away, and shrug, following him to his car.