The Race

You, Grace, Erin, and Kaija walk around the manor for a little bit until you find the door to the backyard.

"Finally! We found it!" Grace says. "We were walking for forever!"
"We were only walking for like three minutes Grooce." Kaija states.
"Well, it felt like forever and all the hallways looked the same." Grace replies.
"Okay let's mess around here now." You say.
"Alright." Grace and Kaija say at the same time.

Grace extends her demon bat wings and Kaija unfurls her angel wings.

"Ahh, feels so good to stretch out my wings." Grace says.
"I know right." Kaija agrees.
"Hey guys, let's go over to the maze over there." You say as you point to the maze a little ways off.
"Yeah, I've been wanting to see it too." Kaija says.
"Race you guys there." Grace says.
"Wait but that's not fair!" Erin says "You and Kaija have demon and angel powers and me and (Y/n) don't have anything."
"Yeah, Erin's right. It's not fair." You say.
"How about we team up then?" Grace suggests "Kai and (Y/n) are a team and me and Egg are a team."
"Alright." Kaija says.
"Okay, I guess that's fair." Erin say.
"That's incorrect grammer." You say "It's Egg and I, not me and Egg."
"Whatever." Grace says.
"Oh yeah, just so that only Grace and Kaija aren't working when we get to that tree,"

You say as you point to a tree that's about 3/4 of the way to the maze.

"Grace and Kaija will land and get a piggy back ride from me and Erin, or how ever you want to be carried. Got it?" You say.
"Got it." Your friends say.

Grace holds Erin in her arms bridal style, Kaija does the same except with you. Grace and Kaija both have their wings stretched out and ready to take off.

"Okay, ready?" You say.

Everybody nods their head yes.

"3. . . 2. . . 1. . ." Erin counts.
"Go!" You and Erin both say.

Grace and Kaija both run to get a good running start, then they jump into the air and flap their wings to keep aloft. Kaija flies low to the ground so that it won't take long to land. Where as Grace and Erin fly up high in the sky.

"I wonder why they're going up high. Won't it take longer to land from up there?" You wonder out loud.
"Yeah, it would." Kaija says. "I wonder what they're planning."

*up with Grace and Erin*

"Grace why are we flying up high? Won't it take longer to land from up here?" Erin asks.
"Yeah, but when we're half way to the tree you better hold on tight because I'm gonna tuck in my wings and let gravity take us down. It'll be much faster than me or Kaija flying and it won't take much work." Grace explains.
"Uh-huh. But what about when we land? What are you gonna do to make us stop so that we won't crash and die?" Erin wonders.
"Well, I was thinking. . . that we could. . . uh. . ." Grace says trying to come up with something.
"Grace! You didn't plan that far ahead! We're gonna die if you don't think of something!" Erin says.
"Hold on, I'm thinking." Grace says still trying to think of something. "You could help think of something too Erin!"
"I am!" Erin responds.

Grace and Erin fly in silence for a few seconds.

"Oh! How about when we're approaching the ground instead of diving head first you kinda flip around feet first and slowly extend your wings so that they kind of act like a parachute but don't get ripped off by the force." Erin suggests.
"Sure. Can't think of anything better." Grace admits.

They get to about half way to the tree. Erin holds on tighter, Grace tucks in her wings, sort of shielding her and Erin and they fall towards the Earth.

*back to your P.O.V.*

You watch Grace and Erin to see what they're doing to make sure that you and Kaija will win. Meanwhile Kaija is concentrating on flying as fast as she can to also help you guys win. You see that Grace and Erin are having a conversation, it doesn't seem like they notice but they're slightly slowing down.