19.1: Scars Never Heal

Scars by Boy Epic
Quote above

When Jesse and India returned to camp Jesse instantly retreated to his tent where Aurora was already waiting. She was curled up with an intense thinking face on. Jesse let out a string of curse words; he really only wanted to be alone.

"What's up your butt," Aurora asked weakly, her eyes showing only a fraction of anger that they usually did.

Jesse rolled his eyes and struggled to sit down, wincing in the process. He knew that he should have gotten help as soon as he felt the pain but he didn't want India to know. "Can you leave? I need to do something," Jesse said through clenched teeth.

Aurora raised an eye brow and looked at his painful expression curious. "I'm not leaving this tent."

"Aurora," Jesse snarled.

"I'm hiding from someone okay? There's no way in hell I'm going back out there." Aurora threw her head towards the opening of the tent with a scowl on her lips. When she looked back at Jesse she couldn't ignore his pained look any longer. "Okay what's wrong," she asked worriedly.

Jesse breathed heavily through his nose, trying to calm his racing heart. "Nothing," he seethed, "just go away."

"Not going to happen," Aurora declared. She got to her knees and shuffled over to Jesse as he tried to hold back the tears. "Jesse, what's hurting?" From the look on his face she knew he was in a lot of pain and she needed to do something about it.

"Aurora please," he begged, grabbing her arm and weakly trying to push her to the outside. She wouldn't budge.

"Jesse, just tell me," she argued, growing panicked. When he shook his head, his blonde hair falling into his eyes from the sweat on his brow Aurora knew why he was refusing her help. "I won't tell anyone," she promised, holding a hand on his shoulder.

Jesse looked up at her, seeing the sweet and kind side of Aurora he never knew existed. "Okay," he whispered, "but if anyone hears about this I will ruin your fucking life."

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Got it. Now tell me what I can do to help."

"There's a bag under the passenger seat of my car. It's bright red, you won't miss it. Go get it."

Aurora quickly looked for his keys which she knew were right by his pillow at night, as if he was preparing to drive away any moment.

Once she got them she promised Jesse she would be back soon, receiving a grunt in response.

...

Keenan watched as Aurora ran from her tent and straight towards Jesse's car. He was afraid that she was going to leave, all because of a stupid kiss.

He stood up from one of the many lawn chairs, ready to go chase her down and demand she stay, but Ajax held him back.

"What are you doing man," Ajax asked his friend with confusion.

"Aurora's trying to leave," Keenan explained, feeling panicked and angry. "I need to-"

Keenan cut his sentence short when he saw that Aurora quickly slammed the car door behind her and ran back to the tent with a red bag in her hand, not caring to spare him a glance.

He sat back down, feeling the panic wash away like a tidal wave.

"What was that all about," Ajax asked Keenan, a knowing smirk on his lips.

"Shut up," he muttered, his eyes shooting to India as she approached with Luna by her side. "I'll tell you later."

Ajax nodded his head before greeting the two girls. India sat in the chair next to Keenan, wrapped up in a big sweater while Luna sat on the log next to Ajax. Keenan noticed the odd look his friend had on his face.