22: I'm Not Drunk

Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo cover by Boyce Avenue
Picture of Aurora

The next day was gorgeous: the birds were singing, the sun was out, flowers were blooming, everyone was happy, and Aiden was drunk off his ass.

"I'm not drunk," he slurred, stumbling over his feet and falling to the ground with a whiskey bottle in hand.

"And Ivan is smart," Keenan muttered, hauling his friend off the ground.

"Hey," Ivan argued but Keenan ignored him.

"Get your dirty paws off me you ape," Aiden yelled, swatting his hands at Keenan. He let go and instantly Aiden fell back down.

"What the hell is going on out here," Alice asked, rolling out of her tent and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"You should be ashamed of yourself woman," Aiden yelled. Alice simply gave him a once over before shrugging and strutting over to Ivan and landing in his lap. "You ruined this whole trip for me!"

"Really," she asked, raising a perfectly trimmed eye brow. "That's not what you were saying when I was riding your cock."

"Shhhhhh," he hissed, pressing his finger against his cheek... he missed his lips. "Red might hear."

"Red," she asked confused.

"Okay, it's time for you to go back to sleep buddy," Keenan interrupted before Aiden could make the mistake of confessing his love for Luna. Luckily she was still nowhere to be found, as well as Ajax.

"But," he stopped and burped.

Keenan grunted in disgust. Why did he have to be a good friend again? Oh yeah, so he could prove to Aurora that he wasn't a spoiled, rich, stuck up douche, jerk... Whatever she called him the day earlier he was going to prove her wrong.

Keenan hauled his drunk friend to his tent, telling him as he dropped him on the pile of blankets, "You're not in love with her Aiden. Don't confuse envy with love alright? It'll pass." Keenan wasn't sure his friend heard because as soon as his head hit the floor he was out like a hog.

He walked back out into the blinding sun and found Aurora sitting at the card table with Jesse and India. He smirked; this was the perfect chance to prove to Aurora that he wasn't who she saw him as. If it meant winning this game than he would gladly put a smile on for Jesse for a couple minutes.

He was determined to win and already he could see the bond between India and Jesse forming, if them holding hands was anything to go by.

Keenan sauntered up to their table, taking a seat on the cooler next to Aurora and across from Jesse.

"What are you guys playing," he asked, faking interest and watching amused as Jesse looked at him confused and guarded.

"Go fish," India piped up, giving Keenan her friend a warm smile. Keenan at that moment felt a little guilty about not spending enough time with her on this trip, he was after all the one who promised her Dad that he wouldn't let her out of his sight.

"Go fish huh?"

"Before you say a rude comment just know that India came up with the idea," Jesse hissed from across the foldable plastic table. The thing looked like it came out of a home in the fifty's after an atomic bomb exploded in town. Too creepy for Keenan's tastes but it was good enough for camping.

"I wasn't going to say anything. I was the one who taught India how to play this game anyways."

"You were," Aurora and Jesse asked at the same time.