25: One Word: Awkward

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

There is only one word to describe the next morning: awkward.

India kept her eyes forward on the flower not far from her face. It was a daisy, her favorite. It has always been her favorite because her father bought a bouquet of them every rainy day for her Mom. During the spring time their house was covered in all different colors of daises.

As India stared at it she couldn't help but let the thought cross her mind; When did love get so confusing?

None of the books she could read could have prepared herself for what happened last night. Apparently they have lied to her and she wanted nothing more than to go home and tear them all up for giving her delusions.

Last night wasn't fireworks and sweet abyss. It was more like being at the doctor's office getting a flu shot over and over and over again. Not to mention that your who-haa (as Luna has nicknamed it for India's comfort) is completely exposed in front of the said doctor.

It was uncomfortable, it hurt like hell, and it honestly made her want to cry. Only when Jesse had fallen asleep behind her did she let the tears fall from her eyes.

She had been dreaming of this moment for a while now and in each dream she saw passionate kisses (which there were on a smaller scale), long caresses, and their bodies fitting together perfectly.

Instead she got whispered apologies shared between them that were laced with a truck load of nerves, fumbling hands, and a whole world of pain. She knew that her first time would hurt, her books did prepare her for that, but she didn't prepare for it to hurt that bad even though he took it slow. If it hurt that bad for something that size to go inside of her than she wouldn't anything bigger than that to go out of her.

She definitely was not having kids.

Heck, she didn't even have a big O.

But well neither did he. India wasn't sure if she was to be grateful for that he gave up or disappointed that it stopped right before it started getting good.

She still liked Jesse, probably more than like. She was thinking she was on about four likes by now but only after she let him take her virginity did she realize that four likes wasn't enough.

Would it have been different if she loved him? If he loved her? If there was more than a couple conversations shared between them?

India wondered how people had "one night stands" of which she had heard so much about lately.

While she was busy thinking about the wonders of the universe on her side by a river Jesse was lying right behind her, his chest pressed up against her bare back, save for her bra.

He had been awake for hours now, actually he never went to sleep. How could he?

Last night wasn't at all what he expected and he figured out far too late.

India had clearly never been in a situation like that before, had never been touched like that and certainly had never had an orgasm. If he knew that there had never once been anything, not even her own fingers, inside of herself than he would have prepared her more. He didn't know that he was going straight from the first F and second F to the last F, completely skipping the third which happens to be a very important one when a female loses their virginity.

There was a reason why he kept going though, he thought that if she at least reached her climax than her first time would be better than most. But then. . . he remembered the bet. On the verge of bringing both of them to the finale he had pulled out so quickly, disgusted with himself that he didn't even know what his body was doing.