35: Promposal

Flashlight by Jessie J

There may or not be a few foreshadowing's in this chapter...

"Luna," India laughed into the phone, "that's so great! The pictures look adorable!"

Luna squealed on the other end. "It was adorable in person too! Gosh I wish you could have been there!"

India looked over to Aurora to see her rolling her eyes and chuckling. "You wish I would have been there when Ajax asked you to prom? That's a little awkward Luna."

Her friend was silent on the other end before bursting out laughing. "Oh gosh you're right. I mean unless you're fine with watching Ajax and I going at it afterwards."

India screwed her face up in disgust. "No thank you. Can I hang up now? I have to eat dinner."

Luna and India said their goodbyes. After India tossed her phone to the side of Aurora's bed she said, "I can't believe Luna and Ajax are going to prom."

Aurora sighed disappointedly. "I know. It's ridiculous, after everything he did to her."

India leaned over to hug her new friend. "I'm sorry about your boyfriend." She pulled away to see Aurora's lips formed in a frown and her eyes full of sadness.

"It's okay," she huffed, pulling one of her stuffed animals to her chest. "I mean plane tickets are expensive and he never liked dances. I doubt my Mom wouldn't even let him stay in the house anyways."

India felt sorry for Aurora. They've been super close in the past two weeks ever since they became science partners. It started out as them doing homework in the library and then India giving Aurora and her brother rides home from school and then being invited over for dinner three times already.

They both found a friend in each other.

But since they've been so close in the past two weeks Aurora expressed to India how excited she was for her boyfriend Max to take her to prom. He had it all planned out, the dinner, the ride, the pictures, the suit he was going to wear. Aurora had bought her dress the day before, a pale pink to match Max's bow tie.

Except Aurora got the news during lunch that Max's car broke down and the money he had ready for a plane ticket had to be used for his car instead. Aurora tried to brush it off and say it wasn't a big deal but India knew she was lying.

She knew that she was hurting inside but she didn't know what to do to make it better.

"Are you still going to go," India asked softly.

Aurora shook her head. "I don't see the point if he's not there."

"Oh come on," India chastised. "You can have fun without your boyfriend. You said he doesn't like dances anyways."

"But who am I going to go with?" Aurora threw the stuffed animal to the side and stood up. "I'm not friends with anyone at Greenfield other than you! And you aren't going!"

"My father would never let me," she grumbled. "I don't even have a dress."

Aurora gasped, gaining India's attention. India looked up to see Aurora staring at her wide eyes and a grin splitting her face in two.

"What is it?"

"Let's go shopping tomorrow."

India looked at her confused. "For what?"

"A prom dress, duh!"

India immeaditley began to shake her head. "No way, no thank you. I can't even go!"

Aurora jumped on the bed, making India squeal and fall over on her side. "But if you could go, if your father said yes, would you?"

"I mean . . ."

"India this is prom for goodness sakes. This is the one night where you can dress up like a princess. Don't you want that experience before you die?"

India sighed and fell back on Aurora's blue comforter. "Of course I do. I've always dreamed of going but I never thought I could."

"Lie to your father."

India shot up instantly. "I can't do that."

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Fine, only tell him part of the truth then. Um tell him you're hanging out with me, we'll have a sleepover!"

India began shaking her head once again before Aurora grabbed her cheeks and made her stop. "I know your dad is strict and everything. So just this once live and be young. We won't be young forever India."

India sighed, stuck between a rock and a hard place. She didn't want to lie to her father but then again it was prom and she has never been to a school dance before.

She made her decision and nodded her head.

"Okay, I'll go to prom with you."

Aurora shouted in joy and tackled India to the bed. "We have one week before prom! We need to start planning everything now! We're behind schedule!"

...

Jesse shook out his hands, trying to calm himself down.

He couldn't believe he was going to do this. After so many years he didn't think it would come to this, he was hoping it wouldn't.

Keenan knocked on the door, pushing it open slightly. "Are you ready?"

Jesse reluctantly shook his head. "I guess so."

"You don't have to freak out over it Jesse. It's not a dangerous procedure."

"Whatever," he muttered, "let's go just go already."

Jesse lead away from his bedroom to Keenan's car. Once inside he couldn't help but notice the car parked in front of Aurora's house down the street. It was India's, he recognized it from the school parking lot.

"How is India," Keenan murmured, driving past.

Jesse looked away from her car and towards the front. "She's okay now I think. We talk every so often. I've noticed that her and Aurora are pretty close now."

"Really," Keenan asked surprised. "India and Aurora won't talk to me."

Jesse shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what to tell you man."

"Are you going to ask India to prom?"

"I can't. Her father would flip and I can't go anyways. I'll be in bed recovering, remember?"

"Oh right," Keenan winced. "I forget what her Dad does for a living."

"Hmm, maybe he can say hi to Wayne for me," Jesse said darkly.

Keenan coughed awkwardly. After a few moments of silence he leaned forward to turn on the radio.

Ten songs and three commercial breaks later and they were pulling up to the hospital. Keenan looked over at Jesse before he could open the door.

"It'll be alright. I got you."

Jesse rolled his eyes and jumped out of the car but as soon as his back was facing his cousin he smiled slightly.

...
What do you think the foreshadowing was??

I know it's short (and really crappy writing honestly) but I had to whip it out today and it's Easter so obviously I don't have much time. But hopefully I can get another update out tonight when my family leaves and then one tomorrow!

There's only 2 chapters left!!