Star Light-12

The sky filled with a fiery burning orange light. The smell of smoke filled the air, it was thick and hard to see through. Campers ran around the camp willy nilly, trying to avoid the fiery balls the death that fell from the sky. Adam's  grip on Dawn tightened, the two stood in front of the stables. It it seemed that all of the pegasi and either fled or had been taken by other campers. The evening has started out great, an amazing dinner followed by the traditional game of capture the flag, had been ruined by a shooting stars that had come too close. The magical barrier did nothing to the constellations as one by one they fell. Dawn's limp body weighed down Adam's arms. Slinging her over his back he carried the unconscious girl out of the camp and into the desert night.

~

The young son of Mars woke up to a alarm. Today Fracesca, a virgin daughter of Hephaestus, Daniel son of Athena, and Thomson son of Pluto would leave for their quest. All of the cabin leaders we required to send them off. He quickly put on some clothes laying around his cabin floor and ran to the entrance of camp. The rest of the cabin leaders were already there, he found Dawn sitting next to a cactus, half asleep. Adam smile and nudged the daughter of Iris with his sneaker. Groaning the girl slapped Adam shin, before she stood and dusted herself of sand. While the inside of camp with a large lush oasis the border resembled a desert. Camp Olympia was towards the west,  the residential area, for demigods over the age of 20 and legacies, was  in the north, the shrines where in the east, and in the south was the lake. The property was huge and covered a large portion of the Arizona desert.

After they said farewell to the group with 3, the demigods headed to the Camp Olympia Pavillion. Dawn left Adam's side and hurried off to her friends, while Adam went to sit with his brothers.

The day passed quickly, and the campers hurried to the pavilion for the third time that day, for dinner. This meal unlike the previous two, Dawn followed Adam to a table. Several of there close friends joined them. Dinner was filled with laughter and disgustingly healthy food. Towards the end Grover made a anowcement, that today the traditional capture the flag game would be played. Adam smiled when the Iris/Arcus cabin was said to be on the same team as the Mars/Ares cabin.

~

Dawn was placed on defense along with two Venus girls, a son of Apollo, Twin daughters of Ceres and Adam. The game was in full swing, and the 17 year old was attempting to distracting a son of Khione. Her illusion worked, but the victory was short lived. A blood curdling scream echoed from the trees beyond. Different voices joined in, sirens could be heard from the city in the distance. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" One of the daughter of Venus screamed before she took off.

Looking up Dawn saw it. A fiery ball of death and destruction. The stars were falling.

Dawn wanted to run, her legs wouldn't move. Around her she saw the blurred bodies of campers trying to get to safety. Dawn stood still, and she stared up at the sky in amazement. The beautiful star turned the sky red. The large star hit the earth only 30 meters a way. The impact sent Dawn flying, pain erupted all over her body.

Fire.

It consumed the trees, swirling in beautiful arcs of flame. Somewhere near by, the teen heard the screaming of a camper as flames nipped at their skin. Dawn stared at the flames only feet away from her, she waited for them to come and turn her to ash. But, Adam was the one to come.

Adam son of Mars, who she was suppose to hate, but she loved, came. He picked her up bridal style and carried her off, the world passed by in a blur, but the lifeless bodies on the forest floor were clear as day. Dawn's head rolled back and she saw the beautiful stars in the sky as, Adam ran to the stables, bordering the west of Novice Olympia.

Such beautiful star light was in the sky.

~~~

sorry school is getting a little frustrating so I may forget to post a chapter on wensday, but as soon as I remember I'll be sure to update. 

fangirlpudding