Out of the pot and into the fire-10

The three girls followed behind their father. They hadn't even made their way to Tartarus and were still making there way up a large cliff. The faint horizon was the edge of Tartarus, where Prisoner had fallen many centuries ago. Unknown to Prisoner the time flowed differently in the pit, as well as the Prison Below.

The sisters struggled to climb up the rock side. If one began to slip Uranus would send a gust of wind to catch them, or the other sisters would send a large root. The enchantments of the prison still prevented the use of powers. This was discovered when Uranus failed to bring his weapon back from the heavens. In truth he had caused a massive astriod shower. The three girls panted as the ground became more steep and unbearable on their bare feet.

Uranus climbed up the cliff effortlessly, he seemed to be enjoying the exercise. While his daughters struggled behind him, Uranus listed who he would free once Tarturus was in sight.

Tityos

Cyclopes and Hecatonchires, the freaks

Kampe

Lelantos

Menoetius

Maybe a few of the giants

Nyx

Uranus's thoughts were interrupted by a strange red glow. Blinking he realized that he had reached the top of the cliff, as he stood surrounded by the poison air of Tarturus. Inhaling a deep breath, Uranus smiled. "It's good to be back," Then stared over the edge to his daughters,"Hurry up!"

•••

This was bad really, really bad. Worst then bad, this was terrible. Although Adam had spent little time listening to the first aid classes he was required to take, it was apparent that he didn't have the right material to stop the bleeding.

Dawn was going to die.

This was terrible.

Her eye was swollen and a large bloody gash oozed right below her eyes. She was covered in bruises and scratches. His ears still rung from the sickening crouch he had heard when she hit the ground. The smell as burning flesh was strong and the skin around her arm blistered. Not to mention, the blue blouse she was wearing was soaked through, the color a disgusting burgundy. Adam ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. He had raided the infirmary, like many others preparing to flee, and got several rolls of bandages, some nectar, and ambrosia, now they were running out. Dawn had already bleed through two rolls.

When he had finally stopped running from the blazing camp, Dawn had lost -. He new that this was not a good thing. Unlike Dawn, Adam had avoided the meteors and only had some minor injuries; a broken rib, a sprained ankle, and a concision.
Not to mention the deep cut on his back from a fallen branch.

Adam was scared.

He was 73% sure that the two of them would die out here. Here being a empty restaurant, the occupants probably fled once the stars started falling. Fortunately, the building had only suffered minor damage, music still playing, Adam wasn't familiar with the artist. His attention finally leaving Dawn, Adam's mouth watered as the smell of fresh food filled his nose. Suddenly an idea came to the boy's head.

Rushing, Adam hurried to the kitchen, a pot it water boiled on the recto-oven. Without thinking he grabbed the pot, before dropping it, scolding hot water spilled out the floor as well as Adam's legs. A rushed yelp sounded followed by a string of curses. The second time Adam was more cautious. He grabbed several Teffgloves and a sharp kitchen utensil before placing the tip of it on the top of the recto-oven. The metal smoked as it slowly, too slowly if you ask Adam, turned a blinding red.

Finally he ran back to the table he had left Dawn on top of. He pushed dawns hair out of the way and inched the glowing metal towards the still bleeding wound.

Adam hesitated, he wasn't sure that this would help, he had gotten the idea from a old tv show his grandma had been obsessed with. Th main character had to stop a bullet wound from bleeding so he used a flare gun to close up the skin. Fuck it it can't get any worse.

He knew that Dawn would protest if she felt this, so he straddled her chest careful to avoid the major injuries. With reluctancy, Adam gently pressed the utensil against the cut. Even through the protective gloves he could feel the heat radiating of of it. Hopefully, Dawn didn't hate him too bad.

After few moments of silence, except for the obnoxious song playing, something about running away to Mars with the boy he loved.

Then as if she had been slapped across the face, Dawn let out the most blood curdling scream the demigod had ever heard. The daughter of Iris began to thrash, ignoring the pain that flooded her head with each movement. Her eyes darted around the room, however her vision was blurred

What was happening? Did she die? Was she in the fields of punishment? Had she treated her siblings is bad, she was doomed to a life of tourtière? Questions loomed in the black haired girls head. The burning pounding in her head didn't seem like it was stopping anytime soon, and after some time her already hoarse throat, refused to let out any more sound. She settled for soft whimpering, with the loud echoey scream gone, her face began to go numb. The sizzling of flesh and hushed soothing gibberish reached Dawn's ear. It finally occurred the the girl that she wasn't dead. A soft tremor went through her, that's when she finally became aware of her surroundings. She felt the heavy weight on her chest and the pain in her lungs grew. She could tell she had a few broken ribs. Smoke flooded her eyes as the mystery object pressed along her flesh. Her tears did little to ease the fiery sensation. She whimpered again, crying out in alarm and fear. The heat halted in it movement, and rushed apologies sputtered from above, before it continued.

Finally her multicolored eyes made a foggy image of apologetic brown eyes belonging the son of Mars. Her face stung as her busted lips struggled to become to become a sneer. The simple action sent agony rushing through her system. She let out a pained gasp, the expression was gone in seconds. Soon after more tears blurred her vision.

Adam was panicking.

He almost gouged her eye out when she stated struggling. Now that she had calmed down, he tried to hurry up, not wanting her to be in pain for to long. He was lucky that his mock treatment seemed to be working. After what seemed like years the opening finally sealed. Adam hurriedly wrapped a bandage around the girls head in order to stop infections. Dawn's fiery glare never let up even as she chewed on a piece of ambrosia he gave her. The blood and tear stained face was scrunched up in discomfort. " Am I ever going to get an explanation to why you were crushing my already broken ribs into my lungs, while, nonetheless, you burned half my face off?" The bitter, hoarse voice was barely audible over the ongoing song. "While your at it tell me why in the hell are we here?"

Much apologies for the delayed entry, I was suffering from writers block, as well as mono. I tried to make this chapter longer then usual, I hope your satisfied. I should mention that there might be another long stretch of time before my next update.

Recto-oven: a microwave sized counter that has the same heating qualities as both a oven and stove.

Teffgloves: the future's equivalent to oven mitts, however it is pretty much impossible to set burn them. They also aren't as bulky, they are the size of regular plastic doctor gloves.