Chapter 3

Master Indeed

(Mario Blanco as my idea of Etienne)

Seth

The next time my eyes fluttered open, I immediately realized that I was in the same darkened room, and my aching body still throbbed painfully in multiple places. My pain level dangled on that fine line of just being barely tolerable as long as I as didn't do anything other than blink and take shallow breaths.

My eyes adjusted to the dimness and a small sigh of resignation escaped my lips. It wasn't a dream, that pretty little blond was here, and he had spewed off a whole lot of information but it explained nothing. I was more confused than ever.

I was tempted to turn my head to see if my little babysitter was around with another glass of water, but the fear of making something hurt more than it already was effectively deterred me from even flinching. So I just cleared my dry throat, and even that caused a sharp stab of misery to hit me square in my middle of my chest.

Once again, I heard shuffling behind me and sure enough a mop of platinum hair appeared at the side of the bed followed by two enormous blue eyes blinking up at me.
"Oh good, you're up. Master is awake and he will be here any minute. Do you want a drink. I'm sorry I can't give you anything for the pain. We have human medicine, but Master said he'll take care of you once he awakens."

He scampered off to get my drink of water, and I gave up trying to decipher what he was saying to me. I understood when he said his Master was coming to see me, and my brow knitted at his use of the term, "human medicine." What did he mean by that?

Remy was making his way back towards me when there was a muted knock on the door a second before the panel opened. I couldn't help myself as I slowly turned my head towards the sound, and all the remaining breath in my body stuttered out of my mouth.

The man that took up the entire door frame, I mean every square inch of space stood there staring back at me just as intently as I was staring at him. Oh my sweet Jesus, and what a sight he made indeed.

I watched wide eyed as the hulking mountain of a man walked silently across the plush carpet as he elegantly glided to my side. He stopped to retrieve the glass of water from Remy. The man bent low at his waist while Remy went up on the tips of his toes to listen to whatever the Adonis was saying to him. I was mesmerized by the gentle sway of the guy's long sable locks falling over one wide shoulder as he spoke to my little caretaker.

Remy then bounded back over to my side, scampered up on the bed. "Bye, Seth. I'll see you later." He announced. He patted my head like I was a well loved pet, and then the bounced out of the room and closed the door behind himself, leaving me sealed inside the room with the big man. The same intense giant now sitting on the side of my bed and giving me a once over with the those enigmatic silver orbs.

My entire body tingled, but not with pain or discomfort. The sensation felt like someone was feeding adrenaline into my blood stream bit by bit. It was like liquid energy coursed through my veins instead of my blood, and the longer I held his gaze was the more intense the feeling. Goosebumps prickled all over my satin covered body, and I had to lower my gaze from his penetrating stare.

The glass of water appeared in front of my face, and long tan fingers held the straw to my lips. I didn't dare look up at the man as I wrapped my lips around the straw and pulled the cool liquid into my parched mouth.

The water was the perfect temperature and it tasted so good I had to fight not to slurp the entire glass in one setting. I reluctantly released the straw and some of the water beaded on my bottom lip. I was about to stick my tongue out and lick the extra moisture away, but his thumb got there first and he gently swiped the digit across my bottom lip.