Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Cutie Seth, and from the pic of the chickens ya'll know what that means...lol)

Etienne

I sensed Jacques long before he tapped on my office door before he opened it and peeked his head around the panel.

"Come in, did you find out anything new?" I asked as my second in command made himself comfortable in the chair in front of my desk.

"His mother doesn't believe the story the University is trying to feed them about Seth running off with some unknown lover. She making some noise and drawing the wrong kind of attention to herself if you know what I mean."

"Huh, we'll have to do something about that. Have your spies provided any new intel on what's going on in Morgan's camp?" I leaned back in my chair with the file on Seth's adoptive parents in my hands and studied the adoptive mother's photograph.

"Nothing other the usual over inflated egomaniac crap Morgan dishes out on a daily basis. The little pissant from Seth's so called circle of friends who gave up the information about Morgan's involvement in your boy's assault went running right to Morgan and told him about being roughed up. Luckily the fucker knows nothing about who I am or who sent me." He informed me as I continued to study the portfolio on the people who were responsible for safeguarding and raising my fated.

"Morgan's time is coming, his days were numbered when he set his malicious sights on Seth with the intent to have him killed. He and his pitiful excuse for a coven will feel my wrath, make no mistakes about that. In the meantime, prepare to take a little trip." I said as I handed the file folder over to Jacques.

"Fuck me, upper class suburbia! Whhyyy?" He whined as he flung himself back into the seat and proceeded to pout like a five year old kid.

"Because I asked you to. Sebastian is indisposed and I need you to find out more than what that portfolio is telling me. The mother knows more than she is letting on otherwise she wouldn't be fighting so hard for the truth. Put protection on them since she is making waves Morgan may want to silence her. Also have the boys bring me the Dean of the University. It's time he and I have a little chat. Magic and spell casters, attempted murder, and the disappearance of a student without so much as a peep from the local news stations doesn't sit well with me. He knows something and it's time they begin to face the consequences of their actions." Rising from my desk, I made my way to the door with Jacques hot on my heels.

"Do you want me...What the fuck?" He squawked and jumped out of the way as a brood of chickens swarmed down the hallway bringing with them all their ruckus and noise.

Jacques was a sight standing there with his mouth gaped open and wide eyed as he watched the screaming poultry continue their loud, messy way down the hallway leaving a flurry loose feathers behind in their wake.

"My darling, we have discussed this." I turned my head and addressed my pouting little love as he stood at the other end of the hallway with his arms crossed over his slender chest. That pretty protruding bottom lip of his looked deliciously enticing, and good enough to nibble on.

"Am I not your mate, your fated?" He asked and I couldn't do anything but nod my head as he pierced me with his laser sharp gaze. Damn, my cock jerked behind the zipper of my slacks. My baby looked absolutely stunning when he's upset.

"Um...." Jacques started to say something but the chickens returned and brought their noise with them.

All conversation was cut off as the hall filled with the noisy birds, myself and Jacques, and few members of the guard who I can only assume weren't in close proximity when Seth's emotions got the best of him. I could only shake my head at the spectacle that is now overtaking my household. Using my foot, I eased a few of the walking fried chicken out of the way as I made my way towards my angry little kitten. I barked out orders to my remaining guard together the fowl and put them somewhere until Seth's magic wore off. One hen in particular seemed to have taken an instant dislike to Jacques, because she was trying to peck away at his leg as he was trying to shoo her away with the folder in his hand while lifting his leg trying to dodge her jabbing beak.