Chapter 16

Chapter 16

(Waterfall in the forest behind Etienne's house) ** Enjoy the video Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire...I thought it was appropriate. ;P**

Seth

Shit, Shit, and holy shit... My heart felt like it was going burst out of my chest, it was pumping so fast. I skidded around the corner of the hallway and into the massive den. My eyes frantically darted from side to side as I desperately searched the room for an escape route. I heard the screeches of surprise behind me. I heard the grunts of the coven members unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time as Etienne's vampire plowed through them like they were bowling pins being knocked over by a bowling ball.

I spotted Remy waving at me like a madman from across the room. He was standing by the patio doors, of which he'd flung wide open and he was flagging me over towards them. I wasted no time as I scurried around the large sofas, quickly excusing myself from the smiling, excited faces of the people in the room. In my haste, I didn't register the absolute glee in which Etienne's coven members were reacting to our little show.

I hit threshold of the double doors and the commotion behind me had me swiveling my head around in time to my mate barreling into the room. My eyes went wider, and I almost swallowed my tongue when Etienne's blood red gaze fixated on me. There was so much lust and raw heat blazing from the swirling depth of his eyes. I swear, I had to take a moment to clamp my thighs together or else my cock was going to explode right then and there.

Etienne open his mouth and showed off the impressive length of his fangs. He released a deep, blood curdling growl and that was my cue to haul ass. I dashed out the door without a backward glance. As I cleared the steps of the enormous patio and my feet hit the manicured lawns behind Etienne's house, I realized that Remy was at my side.

"What are you doing?" I panted as I made a beeline for the intricate gardens. My heart continued to flutter away at a mile a minute. I wasn't scared per say. Deep down I know Etienne wouldn't hurt a hair on my head. I've only encountered his vampire a few times, but nothing more than a brief under the surface kind of meeting. I never seen him like this, and who the fuck knew that a little energy ball would bring out this response from my mate. Okay, I'll admit maybe the little jolt was more like a lightning strike. But in my defense, my mate is an all-powerful being, he can take a hit. And boy did he.

There wasn't a scratch on him, but I had brought forth his vampire and it seemed that he wanted to play. Shit and double shit, from the look on my vampire's face, I knew I was in for it one way or the other if and when he caught up with me. I should just stop and take my punishment like a big boy, but some instinct, something deep inside of me was telling me, more like pushing me to go on. To take my vampire on a merry little chase, to run him as far as I could and make the chase interesting.

Some sort of challenge was issued with my wayward magic, and by running, by setting of a chase. It seems that my mate has gladly accepted the challenge. All that this little scenario needed was an announcer standing in the middle of the yard with a bull horn, hollering on the top of his lungs. "Let the games begin."

"This is so fucking exciting, better than going on a group hunt." Remy twittered beside me. He kept pace with my pumping legs as I dashed through the plethora of flowers. I took a sharp left off the paved pathway and headed for the trees circling Etienne's private residence.

This is the first time I've been anywhere outside Etienne's home. I had no clue where I was going, but it seems that Remy did. He was guiding me without verbally telling me where to go. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and he seemed to be jogging along, barely winded, like he did this sort of thing on a daily basis. Come to think of it, I wasn't feeling the excursion I should be feeling either.