Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Sebastian's as a cat...lol)

Seth

Every sound but the one I wanted to hear just moved me closer to the edge than I already was. It's been hours since I left Etienne standing in the hallway staring at me as if I had two heads on my shoulders. I'd thrown down the gauntlet so to speak and he has of yet to pick it up. I had a right to be upset, although he'd saved my life. He was the one who has brought me into a world I had no idea it even existed. A place where mythical creatures like vampires and warlocks existed. According to him, I'm his fated mate, the one person made my the fates or whomever to be his other half, his lover, and his mate. Yet he hasn't claimed me other than verbally.

Ever since I laid my eyes on the beautiful vampire, I felt drawn to him in ways I never knew a person could feel about the other. Every touch, every look, and even the scent of him sent my body into a state of total awareness. Even now, with the things I've witnessed, it still seems so unreal. I want nothing more than to cement myself in my new found reality. I want to learn who and what I am.

All my life, all I've ever done is try to fit in, with my parents, whom I now know aren't really my parents, but maybe my magical missing in action grandmother. Then there were my peers. The recent bunch of them tried to kill me for who I am and the fact that I am attracted to men. Which one they held more important, I have no clue.

Now there is Etienne, who saw me at my lowest, but managed to make me feel like I am the most important person in his life. He convinced me that the connection I feel towards him is that of being destined to belong to him, but yet he hesitates to take the step I so desperately want him to take. Like any other lover or mate, I want to be acknowledged as such, not only in private but in public too. I can't take a step outside of this room without being accosted by his coven like I'm some kind of outsider looking to dig up coven secrets. It makes me feel like I don't belong here, and I tried to get Etienne to understand that, but he is too worried about my safety and my ability or lack thereof of handling the mating ritual.

A sigh left my lips as I leaned forward to pull the throw blanket off the end of the bed and threw it over my legs. I truly understood the fact that for Etienne, there were too many unanswered questions about my life, my relation to a very powerful witch, and my spasdoric magic. But being mated to him wouldn't change any of it, we would just continue to unravel the puzzle together. I mean whatever the outcome, we're still destined to be together no matter what from what he has explained to me. So why the delay? That's what I want to know.

While reaching for my water glass, my bedroom door slammed against the wall and my head snapped around in surprise. I almost knocked the glass off the side table, a flurry of blonde curls whirled into the room and the door slammed closed again. My mouth dropped open when I found my lap full of a disgruntled, pouting Remy. He looked so upset, I had no choice but to wrap my slender arms around him and give his stiff body and comforting squeeze.

"What's the matter? Where have you been?" The questions tumbled out of my mouth as the little imp huffed out an annoyed breath, at least some the tension seemed to deflate out of his body and he slumped against the arm of the chair.

"Master got tired of me and my so called mate fighting all the time. He thought it was high time that we got over ourselves and claimed each other. So he locked me in a room with that over inflated, egotistical dick head and let nature take it's course. Now I'm claimed and mated to the idiot and I desperately wish that I could kill him but then I'll slowly follow him in death." Remy wailed and dramtically threw his hands up and covered his distraught face.