Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Seth's magic at work)

Seth

It's been week since I've fully mated with my vampire, and the surprises that I've had to deal with since that fateful night just kept coming. My missing in action grandmother had finally decided to make an appearance, and with her visit she imparted some long overdue information. To be honest, I didn't know whether to be pissed off or elated over the fact that I'm considered a warlock, and supposedly a powerful one at that.

Etienne and my grandmother had explained that the reason I'm considered more powerful was because I was born to warlock parents, both my mother and father were full bloodied, born warlocks, therefore, making me a pure blood. After so many centuries of human DNA mixed with paranormal species due to living amongst one another. It is unheard of to be a pure blood, a rarity in fact. Over the years, the Fates had evolved the balance so humans became the majority and multiple paranormal beings became the minority.

There had been so much fighting and feuds going on between the supernatural clans trying to one up one another. Trying to prove which species were superior to the other. The Fates had gotten fed up and made it so, the humans became he dominant species and mates to mythical beings, rendering the bloodlines and magical powers to a diluted version of what they were.

Another bit of stunning news was from my mated himself, he decided to share a piece of information that is not widely known by anyone, other than those he's trusted in his coven. Namely Jacques, Remy, Sebastian, and few other of his loyal guards. I recalled when I'd just, met my vampire, and I asked him what he was, and he'd cryptically replied, he was a vampire amongst other things. I never dreamed of what the explanation of the other things could be.

It seems that my fated mate was not only a vampire, sired by one of the original ancients, meaning that he was stronger than the average vampire. When Etienne was turned however many centuries ago, it was during a rather rampaging feud between the warlocks and vampire clans. Etienne had been a prisoner of that war so to speak, and his sire had been totally enamored with him.

Etienne was captured, he was a young beautiful, a pureblood warlock himself and he was purposely turned by his vampire sire in secret. The act alone was considered totally taboo, and no one knew what the outcome would have been, turning a witch into a vampire. When the blood madness had taken over, Etienne had lost all control of his magic. His powers had been enhanced by his new-found vampire abilities. Young and terrified, his powers escaped his control and he killed everything with a heartbeat and then some within a fifty-mile radius when he was in the grips of his blood lust.

Etienne's history was not a pretty one. He'd wiped out nearly half the vampire coven, including his sire, and much of the warlocks who were still in the middle of feuding over power and territories. The elders had to step in and they had called for an immediate pact between the two species. They'd taken Etienne in hand not knowing what to do with such a powerful being. If it wasn't for Jacques' and Etienne's parents who had sworn on their lives to train Etienne and teach him how to control the two sides of himself, then the elders would've otherwise had to put him down.

The truth of Etienne's hybrid nature was a well-kept secret amongst the vampires. The warlocks weren't even aware that such a being existed. Those who may have guessed, those who had survived and managed to tell their tale, were seen as eccentrics, story tellers embellishing on a legend that doesn't exist. The elders had kept their mouths shut, and like any old historical tale, it completely changed with each retelling and morphed into something else as time went by.

During the day while Etienne rested, I spent my time absorbing every word in my grandmother's diary. I would only put it down when Remy demanded my attention. It was almost comical the change that has occurred within the walls of Etienne's home. Now, that I'm rightfully mated. Etienne had called a coven meeting to announce our mating and introduced me to the vampires that made up his close-knit family. Everyone from the guards, to the families residing under the protection to Etienne's care.