Chapter 20... Part 2

Chapter 20

Part 2

(Magical Circle)

Etienne

For the better part of the evening I sat silently by and watched as my beloved quietly interacted with his grandmother. My heart warmed at the sight of watching Seth connect with his only remaining blood relative. As the day turned into night with the sun settling and the full moon rising, I could feel the energy in the house shifting into something greater.

The rising surges of magic in the atmosphere tickled like little electrical currents across the surface of my skin. Soon it would be time to finally get this show on the road. I stood from my perch behind my desk and I watched Seth's beautiful eyes as he focused on me, and with a slight nod of his head. He let me know he was ready.

While he and his grandmother conversed, I'd turned my thoughts elsewhere and spent the majority of my time mentally surveying the wards I have set around my home and my coven. I'd checked in a time or two with Jacques, Sebastian, and my enforcers protecting our people and its surrounding property. I tried my best to give them the privacy they needed to reconnect without having to let my fated out of my sight. All of my senses and my overwhelmingly need to protect him refused to allow me to leave his side for anything or anyone.

As I approached the bed where Seth and Antoinette were seated she gracefully rose to her feet. She lifted her chin and looked me directly in the eye. For a brief moment, I was completely mesmerized and just like that, she had me at her will. It was a true testament to just how powerful of a warlock she truly was. I couldn't break my gaze away from hers even if I'd wanted to, and I knew better not to panic. I watched her magic swirl within the depth of her dark eyes and I felt her probing my mind.

My room suddenly disappeared, my mating link to Seth went silent and I almost panicked for a second, but I felt a rush of soothing warmth flowing over my senses. Seth was safe, I was safe, so I dropped my mind shields and opened my thoughts to the powerful witch standing in front of me. Visions of my garden, my coven, and my little love projected through my head. Snippets of time filtered through my consciousness and I steadfastly focused on what I was supposed to be seeing.

I'd forgotten my mother's tales about her best friend, Antoinette wasn't just a warlock. She was a seer as well and she was showing me what she knew about the upcoming events occurring later on tonight. On the outside and to anyone looking at her, she was the picture of serenity and calm. But underneath that façade, I could feel her rage. I was shocked to find out that this precise situation was destined to happen by the fates own design. Moreover, that my love had to have experienced the painful assault he sustained which almost took his life.

My entire body went rigid with the truths being projected into my mind, with the instructions I have to follow later tonight in order for fates design to run its course. I shuddered with the thought of what was revealed to me. What was going to come from the events of the night would bring peace not only to my coven, but to all the paranormal groups represented here tonight. I internally raged about the fact that Morgan wouldn't be punished by hand, and I so deserved the retribution I had planned for that son of a bitch for daring to attempt to murder my mate before I'd even laid my eyes on his perfection.

But with what Antoinette has revealed, Morgan's dark delusions, his overinflated ego have sealed his fate, and his time on this plane have run its course. The arrogant bastard had no idea what was coming his way. He'd thought that by dabbling in the dark forms of magic, he was stronger than the elders, myself, and my mate combined. His life was the price he was going to have to pay to the fates with for blatantly defying them, and only then will all paranormals to live and love in peace. Without the threat of discovery, prejudices, and possible death.