Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(Etienne's Koi fish pond)

Etienne

"Pray tell me what it is you find so amusing that you've been smirking at me all afternoon. We're supposed to be discussing the new intel Sebastian has received from his informant in Morgan's coven." I stated as I sat back in my office chair and studied my long-time friend as he relaxed his large frame in the chair across from my desk.

"It's nothing really, just the fact that your mate has you wrapped round his dainty little fingers. It's entertaining to watch the big, bad vampire leader fall to the whims of his little warlock, even if said little witch is wreaking havoc in the coven house and amongst its members." Jacques replied and it took all that I had not to roll my eyes at his nonsense.

"Please, Seth is not wreaking havoc. He is merely spreading his wings and learning to control his powers. Can you honestly tell me when you discovered your abilities, you didn't try them out and test them at every given opportunity?" I raised a knowing eyebrow at him.

"I'll admit it. Yes, I did. But my powers or special talents haven't caused the people in the house to scatter like a frightened herd of animals every time your mate sets foot into a common area. The coven members are scared of your mate. They adore him for bringing a smile to your usual sour puss. They revere him because of his resilience and courage. But they run for cover when the little imp's emotions get the best of him and some unfortunate soul crosses his path and they are magically transformed into some non-threatening creature."

"Unfortunately, the unwitting hapless victim is usually Sebastian. I have a feeling that has more to do with his own mate seeking some kind of unspoken retribution against the man, and since Remy is usually connected to Seth's hip. It's a no brainer why Sebastian is currently swimming around the Koi fish pond in the form of a duck. You can't blame me for not being able to concentrate at the moment." Jacques informed me and I just ran a weary hand over my face.

"How long has Sebastian been out there like that?" I asked fearing that soon and very soon, this was going to come to a head. Sebastian was either going to murder Remy, or lose his mind and try to retaliate against my mate. He's a brilliant warrior.

Loyal to a fault, but he's short tempered and very antiquated in his views of the world in general. I can fully understand why a free spirit like Remy was having problems dealing with a stern mate like Sebastian, whose views on mating tends to hover on the side of a mate doting on the dominant partner and catering to their partners whims. Sebastian is old school, he's lived a long life and the man is set in his ways. They were going to have to work out their shit, and I see that I'm going to have to once again intervene in their mating. Seth can't be caught up in the middle of their strife.

"Okay, tell me this. Is there an imminent threat from Morgan anytime soon?" I asked as my thoughts churned around in my head.

"No, not that the informant can tell. It seems that Morgan is currently obsessed with Seth's appearance in your life. He hasn't said it out right, but the warlock has eluded to the fact that Morgan feels Seth is a threat to his plans of overthrowing you and this coven. He's fully versed in the prophecy's surrounding Seth and his awakening magic. He still doesn't believe Seth is as powerful as he's been claimed to be. With Morgan's arrogance, he feels that he can still overpower you and your mate and put an end to any peace and comradery between the species."

"Alright, keep a very observant eye on this situation. If that bastard even twitches in this direction, I want to know about it immediately. As always this stays between you, me, and Sebastian. Now, I am going to see about the man and have a talk with my mate." I rose from behind my desk and straightened the front of my crisp, white button-down shirt.