4

Madison's POV

"Have you told anyone about Dakota, yet?" Jack whispered in my ear.

I smiled and shook my head no, watching Dakota play with some toys on the floor.

"We should wait, I don't want anything to happen to her," he continued.

"Should we announce her on tour?" I suggested, turning my head to look at Jack.

His eyes skimmed my face, "that's perfect!"

"YO!" Johnson yelled, bursting through the front door.

"Bro, turn it down," Jack shh-ed him.

"Oh sorry," Johnson apologized, walking into the house.

Then, Lia walked through after him. I jumped up, "Lia!"

"Mad!" She ran and jumped into my arms. "You didn't tell me about this adoption thing!"

I giggled, watching her fix the blonde strands of hair in her face. "Yeah, we want to keep it quiet for now."

Lia nodded understandingly, "I get you girl."

We went to the living room to find both of the Jacks' playing with Dakota.

"Oh my god, she's so gorgeous," Lia exclaims.

I giggle, "yeah she is."

"You know what? Dakota actually looks like your biological daughter," Lia whispers.

I watched Dakota play with the boys. I could see it, dark hair, eyes, about the same skin tone...

"You're right," I gasped.

"I wish you guys were my parents," Lia laughed next to me.

I gave her a weird look but giggled with her.

"I'm getting you a present later," she giggled again.

"Oh gosh, okay," I smiled.

"Hey Dakota, do you see that tall blonde girl?" Gilinsky asked, pointing to Lia.

Dakota turned around and nodded.

"That's Lia, she's basically your aunt," Jack chuckled.

"Hi!" Lia waved, crouching down to Dakota's height.

Dakota walked over and hugged her right away. Lia seemed to be taken back but quickly warmed up.

After a while, we all decided to eat. Dakota ran up to Johnson and held her arms up. As if to say "pick me up, please." And Jack picked her up, tickling her sides as he did.

Lia held me back for a moment.

"Can I bring her shopping sometime?" She smiled, watching Johnson and Dakota.

I laughed, smiling. "Of course."

Lia's eyes shined and she went over to Johnson, whispering something in his ear. He nodded... and set Dakota down.

~ Night ~

I hugged Lia and Johnson as they walked out the door.

"I'll talk to you soon," I said to Lia. She nodded in response, waving to Dakota, and gently closing the door behind her.

"Bedtime?" I looked down to Dakota. She nodded and Jack picked her up, kissing her cheek.

We brought Dakota to her room, tucking her in and kissing her small temple.

Jack and I began to walk out when Dakota whispered, "love you."

We smiled to each other and Jack snaked his arm around my waist. "Love you too, baby girl."