Horse Lovers Paradise (16)

Chapter 16

First Heartbreak

The next week flew by quickly, I spent most of the weekend inside catching up on all my homework and assignments. All of my friends went into town on Saturday, although because of my appointment at the hospital I wasn't able to go with them, the doctor told me that my concussion was getting better which I was grateful for, but the ache in my head was still there and I didn't know if I should mention it or not. They also said that at the rate I was going, my memory was almost guaranteed to come back, which was the best news I could have possible gotten. Classes flew by in a blur and I found myself wishing for the time to pass quickly. Casper had fully healed from the accident and I was dying to ride him again. I missed how he could make me forget about everything when all I wanted to do was cry. I blinked, bring myself back to reality, I glanced at the alarm clock on my side and the time read 1:30am, I knew I needed sleep but my mind wouldn't stop wandering and I hated that.

I heard my alarm going off causing me to rub my eyes while blinking. I sat up and glanced over at the bed near mine and found it perfectly made with Sarah nowhere in sight. I sat up and made my way towards the bathroom, glancing at myself in the mirror. The dark bags under my eyes were evident from my lack of sleep, my slightly tanned skin was looking pale and my eyes seemed dull. I glared at myself in the mirror, I knew I was making a fast recovery and I knew things were starting to look better but I hated the consistent pounding in my head and the emptiness of not remember a small bit of my past. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging with me, and I'm grateful for that but I was beginning to get sick of everyone looking at me like a broken person. Brushing the thoughts to the side I made my way into the shower using cold water to try and wake myself up some more.

I glanced into my bag making sure all of the books I needed for my typical Monday classes were in there. Once confirming they were there I made my way towards the school cafeteria. The walk was quiet compared to most mornings, although there was still a slight buzz of activity on the campus.

"Ella?" I heard my name being called, I turned around and allowed a smile to break onto my face when I saw Keely. "How are you feeling?" she asked once she was beside me.

"I'm feeling a bit better" I lied, my head was still banging and I knew it was because the concussion and the lack of sleep. "The doctors told me that my memory was almost bound to come back" I told her, flashing a smile as I did so. Her face brighten up as she processed my words before flinging her arms around me in a tight hug.

"That's amazing news! I'm so happy for you!" she practically squealed, making me wince slightly while people glanced over at us. "Eric will be so happy when I tell him" she smiled, although I felt a strange guilt feeling come over me at the mention of his name. Keely was watching me, trying to understand how I was feeling, although I just stayed quiet at her comment, so she continued. "I was talking to him last night at our lesson, he said that you have been avoiding him and ignoring his calls and messages" she told me, although her voice was gentle. I thought back to the hospital, remember the boy who looked broken just seeing the state I was in, I knew he was worried about me but it was hard right now. "You should talk to him, he needs you as much as you need him".

"I know Keely, believe me, I know all of that. I just can't right now! I don't know him anymore, I can't remember him. How am I supposed to act towards the boy who I use to adore but can't remember! How am I supposed to act towards the boy who looks at me like I am nothing more than a beautiful memory, and that's all" I asked with a groan, feeling close to tears with all the emotions inside me. Keely studied me closely before reply