Horse Lovers Paradise (11)

Chapter 10

Preparations

My eyes fluttered opened and I glanced around the room, Sarah was sleeping peacefully on her side if the bed while I slowly stood from under the covers. I shivered in the cold air and pulled my paddock boots onto my feet and making my way to the door. I wrote a quick note to Sarah telling her I would feed Rocky for her this morning so she could savour her few extra minutes of sleep. Sarah was studying so much for all her upcoming tests and was completely exhausted during the day, it didn't help that Tracy had upped out training to 2 hours every day so we could prepare to the competition, although I didn't mind as riding was the only subject I loved. Sarah and I were both up late last night studying for our science test today, I was confident about the test as science was one of my best subjects. I cleared my head free of thoughts about school and continued on the path towards the barn.

I fed Casper and Rocky there breakfast, bumping into Clare as I did so. She was down at the stables early every morning for her riding lesson and she was doing great. I gave her and smile and wave before continuing to feed the horses. I finished and walked away from the barn and back towards the dorm, the walk on my own was very quiet and I used the time to think. I though about Kayla, who had told the principle yesterday about the incident, resulting in the girl to be expelled immediately. I was glad about that, Kayla was absolutely amazing and didn't deserve to be treated like that. I thought away from Kayla and my mind starting thinking about Sarah, Clare, Shannon, Cassie and Keely. Those 5 girls have made me feel so welcome and have been unbelievable to me the entire time I have been here and I can't thank them enough for all the help they have given me. My mind then drifted to Eric, Eric was amazing on so many different level's I couldn't begin to explain how much he means to me. Eric has been awesome in helping me around the school when I was lost, introducing me to some of the year 9's and just making me happy. I sighed, thinking about how much I loved being here, at Welsh Mountains; with my sister, best friends and boyfriend.

I stepped into the room where Sarah was sitting at her desk, leaning over an open science book.

"Sarah. We went over everything in the test 3000 times last night, you'll do fine!" I told her sitting on her bed opposite her. She sighed and nodded her head slowly

"I know. I just really need to pass this test. Thanks for feeding Rocky this morning" she explained with appreciation. I smiled and told her it was fine before making my way into bathroom and showering. I washed my hair and body in tropical scented shampoo, conditioner and body wash before stepping out and drying myself, I wrapped a towel around my hair and body. I changed into my outfit and blow dried my hair so it was falling straight down my back, I applied some mascara and lip gloss before waving my hair slightly. I smiled at my reflection, I was wearing a orange, yellow and green floral dress which zipped up at the front and fell to mid thigh. I matched the dress with my light brown boots before stepping out of the bathroom and allowing Sarah access.

"You look very pretty" Sarah complimented, flashing me a smile as she did so. I smiled back and went and sat on my bed. I opened my German assignment and skimmed over the information, German wasn't one of my good subjects and I had to try extra hard to keep up with the rest of the class and have good grades.

The door opened and Sarah walked out, she wearing some black ripped jeans, a white V neck and an aqua scarf. Her hair was tied back in a messy pony tail, with a few strands falling around her face. She smiled before sitting opposite me on the bed.

"I so don't want to go to class now" she sighed while resting her head on my shoulder. I laughed at her before saying

"Me neither". She sighed and we sat in a comfortable silence. I slowly moved from under Sarah and we stood in unison. I grabbed my bag and flung it over my shoulder, I checked my desk once more, making sure that all my stuff was in my bag, before following Sarah out of the room and towards the cafeteria.