Horse Lovers Paradise (5)

Chapter 5

A Date With Eric

My eyes were heavy when they opened and I glanced to the alarm clock beside me and the time read 6:45am. I groaned annoyed, before getting out of bed and showering, I washed my body and hair before stepping out and wrapping a towel around me. I then changed into a navy blue and white vertical striped top and a navy blue skirt that sat onto of my curves and feel to mid thigh. I brushed my hair and blow dried it leaving it laying straight on my back, I applied some mascara and lipgloss before walking back into the room to find Sarah also dressed in a floral pink top and light blue denim overalls. I smiled at how cute she looked before asking her what she was doing.

"I was going to head down to the barn and feed Rocky, I was also thinking we could catch up with Clare and Shannon tonight for a movie night" Sarah explained.

"That sounds amazing!" I sighed happily. "Come on! Lets go down and feed the horses!"

"Hey Clare" I smiled when I saw her standing in the barn.

"Hey Ella, what's up?" She asked, stroking a palomino pony.

"Nothing, I was just feeding Casper, who's this?" I asked curiously. The pony was roughly 14 hands and had a bright palomino coat with a sock and star.

"This is Galaxy Commit, Commit for short! I rode him in the testings and he's amazing!" She sighed.

"Aww, well he's beautiful!" I complimented. Clare nodded her head in agreement before following me towards Casper's stable.

"Is this you horse?" Clare asked staring at Casper wide eyed. I chuckled at her reaction before nodding my head and saying

"This is Silver Ghost, Casper for short, my parents bought him off Tracy when I started here. I rode him when I tested for the scholarship and I have loved him since" I explained. Clare nodded her head and said

"I can see why you love him! He's perfect, what breed is he?"

"He is a Hanavarian Warmblood" I started proudly. Clare nodded her head and we continued chatting easily about horses. I feed Casper while Sarah feed Rocky and Clare feed Commit before we met up at the front of the barn.

"Ok, so, what's for breakfast?" I asked curiously.

"There is a cafe on campus and it's got the best food, I can text Shannon and tell her to meet us there if you want" Clare offered. I nodded my head before I suddenly remembered something.

"Hey, can you guys wait up? I need to ask Tracy something" I told them, they exchanged a look before shrugging while I turned on my hell and jogging towards Tracy's office. I knocked on the door hoping she was in, thankfully I heard her voice saying the door was open. I gently walked inside and took a seat I front of Tracy,

"Oh hi Ella, what are you doing here?" Tracy asked curiously.

"I was just wondering when we would find out our riding teams" I asked quickly, Tracy gave a laugh before saying

"I am holding a meeting tonight for the equestrians to explain who the members of each team" Tracy explained. I nodded my head and chuckled at my own enthusiasm.

"What time is the meeting?" I asked,

"We are meeting at 5 but I will put an announcement over the loud speaker" Tracy said,

"Ok. Thank you Tracy" I smiled before standing and walking towards the door.

I smiled and observed the scene before me; Clare, Shannon, Sarah and I were sitting in a booth at a cute little cafe with chatting casually about the people in our year. I didn't know much since it was my first year but I listened carefully. Clare said she was planning on asking out a boy called Troy Adams, Sarah said she just wanted to focus on her riding and school work for a while but if a certain boy called Conner Gravery asked her out she wouldn't deny him. Also Shannon had started dating a boy called Jacob.