Horse Lovers Paradise (10)

Chapter 9

Sister Figure

I sighed as I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm. I glanced towards Sarah who was happily asleep on her bed, the weeks have flown by to quickly and every second I was with Sarah I was trusting her more and more. I quickly pulled on some paddock boots and before making my way over to Sarah's bed.

"Get Up" I told her shoving her. She groaned and buried her face further into the pillow. "Sarah, we have school today" I tried again. She slowly sat in the bed, she didn't get to sleep until late last night because she was finishing homework so she was super tiered this morning.

"I'm Up" She explained before standing up and following my actions with the paddock boots.

"Sarah, you need to go to bed earlier" I playfully scowled her as we walked towards the barn.

"I know!" She groaned. I felt sympathy for Sarah, she was starting to fall behind in her Spanish class which resulted in her grade lowering and her spot on the competition team being tested. Sarah hadn't told many people about her falling behind, although I was the first to know. I take German as my language so I couldn't help Sarah at all. We continued the walk towards the barn in silence.

I stepped out of the bathroom and glanced at myself in the mirror, I was wearing a white tank top which was tucked into my skirt, that was sitting above my hips and settling onto mid thigh. It frilled out slightly although I really liked the skirt. I then applied some light mascara and lip gloss before meeting Sarah back in our room. Sarah was wearing an adorable denim dress with a leather belt and nude wedges. She gave mea light smile before we linked arms and walked towards the cafeteria. I ordered my usual and sat down with Sarah, Cassie, Clare and Shannon. I glanced over at Cassie who had pulled her light brown hair into a low pony-tail which was resting casually on her back. Her use of makeup perfect with her liquid eyeliner bringing our attention to her misty green eyes. She gave a small smile, which I returned, before digging into my fruit salad.

"What is everyone doing for the weekend?" Shannon asked, I gulped knowing the date this weekend was. I caught Sarah's eye and we were both, obviously thinking about this weekend.

"Sarah and I have our first competition this weekend" I explained, voicing Sarah's thoughts. The girls smiled at us and gave there encouragement although I couldn't put into words how nervous I was for the event. I nodded my head and thanked the girls while I continued eating.

The bell sounded and I walked with Shannon towards our History class, a casual chatter among us. I stepped into line behind Mathew and his friend Jake and the four of us talked until the teacher arrived. I walked over to a free desk, which should practically be mine because I have sat here since the first lesson, and placed my books down. Miss Turner came and stood at the front of the class and commanded us to sit and open our text books to page 205. I did as told and followed along with April, who was reading. I was interrupted when I noticed a piece of paper landing directly in my notebook.

You Look Like Such A Nerd

The words read, I laughed before scribbling

Incase You Haven't Noticed, I Have To Keep Up C+ Average To Continue Horse Riding!

I flicked the paper back to Mathew and continued reading about World War I. I ignored Mathew for the rest of the lesson, knowing I needed to focus since we were have a test next week all about World War I. I sighed happily when the bell sounded and collected my books while walking with Mathew towards our Maths class.

I sighed happily as I saw Eric, Keely, Shannon, Mathew and Drake all sitting at our table. I made my way over and plopped down next to Shannon.

"How was class?" I asked no one in particular.