Horse Lovers Paradise (14)

Chapter 14

Memory Loss

"I'm fine. But who are you all?" I asked, scanning the faces of the people sitting around my bed. They all stared at me, there jaws practically touching the floor. I swallowed the lump in my throat, as I looked at the faces of the people. They seemed familiar but I don't know where I know them from, two of the girls were crying but silent, the other girl was looking at me, her face masked with worry, but I don't know why. The boy was watching me, scanning my face like I wasn’t real, like I was just a memory. I heard the door opening, causing me to turn and face the doctor who walked in, behind him was an attractive woman with blond hair.

"Miss Ella, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked, coming and standing beside me.

"I'm fine, my head and back just hurts a little bit" I explained, still looking confused.

"She doesn't remember us" the boy said, his eyes were now slightly watery. This the doctor wrote stuff down on his notepad and asked everyone besides me to leave the room him following them out, I sat there feeling border than I have in ages glancing at the roof and allowing my wind to wander into counting the amount of squares on the roof.

The doctor came back later, I'm not sure how much later but he came back in alone. He was middle aged and looked extremely friendly which made me smile at him. He smiled back and took a seat on the chair next to my bed, he took out his notepad and took notes while we talked.

"So Ella, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, okay?" He asked, I nodded my head slowly, still slightly confused as to what was going on. He asked me simple questions like what my full name was, how old I was and what my hobbies were. He continued writing down as we continued talking.

“What school are you attending?” he asked, eyeing me critically.

“I’m on holidays” I replied easily.

“How long have you been on holidays?”

“A little over a month” I explained, the doctor wrote things down in his notepad before he looked up at me and asked

“When do you return to school?”

“I am supposed to be starting at a new school in a couple of weeks” I explained.

“What school are you starting?”

“Welsh Mountains” I answered.

“I think I know what’s wrong although I am not completely positive, we are going to take you in for an X-ray and then I can fully determine what has happened to you.” The doctor explained once. I nodded my head, although looking around I realised how lost I really was.

“Where are my parents?” I asked, wondering why they wouldn’t be in hospital.

“They are in Adelaide” he explained, watching me. I titled my head slightly, and looked out the window and realised I wasn’t seeing the familiar Adelaide scenery,

“Where are we?” I questioned starting to panic.

“We are in Queensland” he replied blankly. I nodded my head slowly and looked out the window into the alley where the people who approached me were sitting. I noticed all the girls sitting together all hugging each other, tears falling down their faces. I noticed the adult was talking frantically on her mobile to someone, then my eyes fell to the boy. He was sitting away from everyone, he wasn’t crying; his face was blank and it was like he wasn’t allowing himself to process any new information. His face was slightly pale and his eyes were fixed on the door, like he was trying to wake himself up from a nightmare. I had to tear my gaze away from him and look out at the view of the Brisbane city, making myself feel slightly homesick.