2.

A/N: sorry if this chap is mostly memories but it will make things less confusing X.

"How?" Niklaus looked straight into Ambers eyes. The timing was very unusual maybe even convenient. All he knew was that his daughters safety was his top priority. Even if this was the woman he once loved, how did he know she didn't have an ulterior motive.

"After I fled New Orleans a powerful coven found me and knew of my ties to you. They decided to take revenge for the many witches you killed, by trapping me in a tomb for almost a century. Eventually they died out and a new generation of witches didn't see a purpose to keep me trapped." Amber said with full conviction. She knew if Klaus didn't believe her she would never see him again. She also guessed that over time he had only grown more paranoid, if it were even possible.

"This coven holed you up for 100 years because of me?" His voice faltered as he said it. Klaus wished he had killed them all when he had the chance. "I searched for you. I searched for the most part of the century if only I had-"

"Klaus I don't blame you for any of this. After 100 years you would think me crazy not to be mad with you but I feel the same as I did when I left. The truth is I thought Mikael had this city so when I was released and made my way back home I knew everything would be alright. If you still do not trust me, I want you to look inside my head and know the truth." Amber soon realized maybe this was the only way for her to earn Klaus's trust back.

Memory:

"Amber my love, Mikael is here and he's coming for me. You must run far away and not look back." Klaus whispered into my hair as he was holding me close. I shook in his arms and pushed him back to meet my eyes. Not allowing myself to fully leave his hold
"Nik I will not leave you, I-I can't." My now glistening eyes were betraying my defiant voice.

"And I can't let you get hurt because of me. I love you forever and I promise one day we will be together again." He kissed my forehead softly as I held onto him tightly.  "I love you Niklaus and I will do everything to find you again."

Elijah was standing patiently when I turned away to direct me away from my home. The last thing I saw of New Orleans was chaos and what I thought was the last moments of its existence.
~
I ran long and hard and it seemed like I ran for centuries. Finally I stopped, too weak to go on and I found myself  falling asleep in a forest near Jefferson. When I woke a group of witches surrounded me and the one I recognized, Klaus had killed her coven members. She spoke, "Amber Nadathur what are you doing so far from your treacherous Mikaelson family?" "I'd love to tell you it's an exciting story really." I rose to my feet and lunged forward in attempt to grab her.

She struck her hand out and twisted it, my body doing the same. I groaned out and fell to my knees she looked down on me, "you will suffer now as your lover made my people suffer."

The next thing I knew I was in a tomb which had a a magical barrier keeping me trapped in. "You should know better to try and escape it will only make things harder for us." I yelled every profanity I knew for a very long time and she seemed unfazed leaving me to starve and rot.

The next time I woke I was greeted by a young concerned face, but that didn't matter to me as my decaying corpse only craved one thing:blood. She threw me a bag which would give me some strength but not nearly enough.

"It's been almost a century since you've seen anyone I'm guessing my crazy ass ancestors sure knew how to torture huh?" I almost laughed but the words, "a century," didn't leave space for humor. "I need more." That was all I managed to get out with cracked lips and now a very weak body. She nodded and soon enough I got more and more until I was back to usual myself.

The young girl named, Cynthia told me what Id missed and caught me up on all the worlds news. Apparently it was a lot. I found out about the original vampire family and the hybrid that brought fear to the heart of any man who knew his name. I made my way back home as quickly as possible.
Memory ended.

Niklaus drew back and looked Amber in the eyes finally seeing the girl he fell for. "My beautiful Amber it truly is you." He pulled her close and felt the warmth in his heart once again. The one he had only felt for her.

Klaus held her face is his hands and something occurred to him. She knew. She had learnt of all the horrendous things he had done. When they were together he wasn't anywhere near a saint but when she dropped off the face of the planet as well as Mikael destroying his beloved city it drove him even further over the edge. His hands dropped as well as his eyes with a feeling he had not felt for a very long time:guilt.

"I'm a monster, I'm not the man you loved." His voice was a mere whisper and Amber heard it clear as day.

"Klaus I didn't agree with your merciless killing before. But I do know you do everything with the intention to keep your family safe. Even if we aren't smart enough to realize it you usually do keep us safe." Amber smiled at the hybrid and it warmed his heart once again. He took her hand and held it against his head nodding at her softly, granting her access into the darkest mind of them all.

A/N: sorry if this sucks its kinda like 2 AM and this is a lot of writing and I'm trying to give you some backstory if any of it made sense. The ending is Klaus about to show Amber his memories. I hope someone is reading this and enjoying my writing BC if so leave a comment and vote! I love all you guys goodnight X.
Ps sorry for any grammatical errors as I'm sure there are many <3