3.

A/N: the last chap ended with Klaus about to show Amber all his memories after she left

Amber saw everything. She saw New Orleans, Chicago, and Mystic Falls. She saw the trouble he caused and the innocents he killed. She saw the side of Klaus she had always feared. She didn't fear it rather she feared what it did to him. Then Amber saw something else.

Just when things were at their worst something had brought joy into his life once again, a daughter. The one thing Amber could never give him made him happy again only to be taken from him by cruel fate. Of course now he had her back and was happier than before but she was still very much endangered.

Even after seeing what she had, when Amber drew back she didn't feel anger or fear. Klaus dropped his head ready for her to spit at him, call him foul names, and leave him once again.

But he only heard a broken sob, "Oh Nik." Klaus looked up to see Amber's eyes glistening with tears. She had only cried for him a few times and that itself was a blessing and a curse. "Why are you crying love?" His hand slipped under her chin forcing her to meet his eyes as his other hand wiped away the tears.

"You've lost so much Niklaus, no one should have to endure so much pain." Amber didn't know if it made any sense to feel sad for him but she did. Seeing all the hardship he had over time made her heart ache she never wanted to the love of her life suffer so terribly again. Not if she could help it.

"Almost a 100 years later and you're still the only one who doesn't think me a monster." Klaus smirked at her holding his face in his hands marveling at the feel of having her close once again.

Suddenly a knock on the door burst the bubble they seemed to have created. Nik drew his hand back and Amber stumbled back. Rebekah chuckled at the sight of it all feeling a wave of nostalgia hit her.

"Already back to old habits I see. Now can I spend some bloody time with my best friend?" Nik pointed at himself teasingly. Rebekah rolled her eyes and took Amber's arm in hers before Klaus could stop her.

~
After Rebekah had caught Amber up on all the latest gossip, fashion, and why exactly she was in a different body, Amber was given some time to explore the estate. She hadn't noticed but Klaus and her had spent most of the night in his room and when Rebekah was done with her the sun was coming up.

Amber strolled through the courtyard spotting Elijah talking to-as Rebekah had described the body he now inhabited-Kol. "Amber! My aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Kol said flirtatious as always, and Amber just grinned at him.

"It's good to see you too Kol how's the witch life treating you? I do recall you used to envy that lifestyle."

"Its swell, the whole powerful psychotic witch brother thing is a bit of a shitstorm but we'll get through it." Amber nodded and then turned to Elijah and they agreed on catching up later in the day. She wanted to meet someone else right now.

Elijah had told her where she would be. Amber made her way there and as she was about to open the door a voice stopped her. "You must be Amber." She turned around to meet Hayley's wary eyes. Amber gave her a warm smile, "And you must be Hayley."

"From what I saw Klaus cares about you a hell of a lot, maybe as much as he loves Hope. And you obviously love him too. But what I'm trying to figure out is why you haven't killed me." Hayley said blatantly.

"You gave Nik the one thing I never could and it saved what very little humanity he had left. So for that I'm forever grateful. I also have no intention of harming you and definitely no intention of replacing you as the mother of your child. I actually hoped we could be friends."

"I do need someone on my side in this damn house, but how did you know about everything?"

"Klaus showed me all his memories after I left this city in 1919." Hayley's eyes widened hearing this.

"And you're still in love with him? I think that makes you crazier than all of us combined." Amber laughed at this.

"Maybe you're right but then again love isn't known to be convenient."

A/N: a lot of dialogue in Thai sorry babes but at least Amber is all caught up and we can start with the real action
I hope you all have a great day/night and message me if you wanna talk goodnight X.