9.

Amber tried distracting herself but no matter what a certain hybrid always crossed her mind. It had been a few days since her moment with Klaus in the kitchen and try as she might her heart always betrayed her in his presence.

A brilliant idea occurred to her as she sat around utterly bored. Amber stalked over to Kols room, knocking lightly on the door. "Ah what can I do for you my majesty?" Kols sarcasm was well deserved as Amber had been running around with him and Rebekah.

"Your lovely girlfriend, Davina, I'd like to meet her." This much was genuine,  Amber was curious to see the woman responsible for making a positive change in Kols behavior. His posture completely changed and a grin spread across his face, "I think that might be the first good idea you've had."

Amber gave him a smile and left the room as she heard him pull out his phone and call her. As she walked through the courtyard Elijah intercepted her path he had become increasingly persistent on the fact that her and Klaus should communicate, "I know how fond you are of ignoring Niklaus but you two must talk to one another it's getting out of hand. I know he promised to make it up to you but you must push him or he will continue in his vengeful ways."

"Elijah I want to, I do, it's just I don't know what to tell him. He already knows what I feel, it's quite obvious but I don't want to put my heart on the line in hopes he'll stop killing people." The two spoke freely since as it was being mentioned Klaus was probably out, "eliminating threats," as he liked the to put it.

"Amber you are and have always been the only person who can get through to him. He listens to you and never doubt your intentions. Just simply remind him of what you had." Amber just nodded and walked off Elijah knew she would do the right thing but it would still take time.

~~~

Kol exited his room and Amber started out the door. The two were joined by Rebekah soon after and they took of to were they were to meet Davina. They stopped at a coffee shop and entered.

As if she had sensed Kols presence a young girl with chestnut curls turned around and smiled brightly at him. Just as Kol had described her she was beautiful. Her soft brown eyes found Rebekah's and narrowed but when the met Ambers' they were filled with confusion.

"Davina this is Amber, I'm sure you've heard the rumors. This is the only woman known to date that has stolen and broken Niklaus Mikaelson's heart." Davina smirked and stuck out her hand to shake.

"It's a pleasure meeting you Amber. However I don't agree with your taste in men." Amber laughed at that and decided she liked the young witch. She also hoped to change Davina's mind in terms of her complete hatred for Klaus.

"As it it you, Davina Claire, this one won't stop talking about you." Amber nodded towards Kol and he looked down slightly blushing.

"Why don't we sit and you can tell me all about what Kol said about me?" Davina grinned raising her eyebrows who was no blushing furiously.

"I don't think that's necessary Love." Kol said and Davina waved him away. Amber grinned and chuckled at the two. They all sat and talked for an hour but it felt nothing more than a few minutes. Davina took Amber's  number, or really the number for the phone Rebekah had forced upon her. Amber still didn't know how to work the damn thing.

Everyone parted ways as Kol and Davina were going on a date and Rebekah was still trying to figure out how to get into her original body. Amber found herself completely alone and made herself to a place that was filled with fond memories. Her childhood house.

Flashback~
It had been months since she had broken off her engagement with Niklaus. He was quite literally  a monster but she couldn't stop thinking of him. She had tried distracting herself but always seemed to fail.

As even more time passed her mother grew terribly ill. The doctors came and went but none could help her. Amber watched the life slip out of her eyes as she held her hand that cold wet day in New Orleans. Her mother had drifted off into eternal
on her bed.

Before he knew what he was doing klaus had found his what to her once he heard the news. Without an exchange of spoken words he comforted her. Amber soon realized life was too short for her to resent him. She did however want him to see for himself just how good he could be. Amber knew that Niklaus cared for her deeply which meant he could do the same for others.
Flashback ended~

Amber didn't realize she had started to cry as she stood outside what was once her home. It wasn't very big since her family had not been wealthy but she loved the place.

"The people who live in there now have made a complete mess of it. I visited them recently it's nothing like you remember." Amber turned to face the deep voice and it was Klaus. Her face remained stoic as it had been eve since that day in the kitchen. Although she wanted nothing more than to talk to him and for her to tell him what he truly felt.

"I suppose it's for the best, times have changed." Amber said wistfully not meeting his eyes. He knew she wasn't just referring to the house.

"Amber we should talk." She nodded in response he turned and walked off. She followed him closely. Niklaus walked to an abandoned alley and pulled Amber into it.

"This avoidance has to stop, I can't stand the way you look at me any longer. Perhaps starting over is not what we needed and I apologize for saying that but Amber I'm not the man you knew. I have killed too many humans for that humanity you once knew to be present in me. I can't be saved not this time."

"Nik you don't need saving, you're not a monster, no matter what you think. Your daughter is alive and safe because you care. If you didn't care about anything or anyone why would you go such lengths for Hope? So do not tell me that you are not the man I loved." Amber pulled at her hair, an exasperated gesture Klaus always loved. When she used to do it he would grin and ultimately apologize for whatever he did. Mainly so he could kiss her worries away and run his own hands through that treacherously curly hair.

"What do you propose we do?" Klaus said smirking a little as she glared at him. Perhaps he was the man she loved once a upon a time. But was he truly deserving of the life they once shared?

"You are going to take me out for a lovely dinner at a restaurant of my choice." Amber held her head up high jokingly. Klaus rolled his eyes but played along. She could be so outright and honest it still shocked him sometimes. However it was the exact boldness he fell for.

"It is a date then." Niklaus took her hand lightly and bent to kiss it holding her gaze the entire time. He turned and walked away as quickly as it happened. Amber snapped out of her trance and pulled her hand back. The spot his lips had touched her was now sending thrills throughout ambers entire body. Just as the man himself his kisses were a drug.

A/N everytime I update I get so much more support! Thanks for almost 1k reads it's insane how many people read this now! I'm sorry for updating so slowly I'm trying to write my best and if I slack just leave a comment to remind me. As always I love all you babes and stay beautiful X.

~~~A L S O~~~
Don't forget to vote, share, and comment