8.

Hayley and Jackson were caring for Hope and Amber was about to step in until Jackson left and Elijah swooped in. "Hayley I am sorry about the current situation."

"Elijah its your psycho brothers idea of control, once he has an idea in his in head it'll be hell getting it out." Elijah chuckled and Amber was surprised neither of them noticed her. She thought about how her and Klaus would also get lost in their own world when they were alone. Amber didn't move a muscle as she saw the way they looked at each other then Hayley spoke.

"We have to stop this I can't even for a second be unfaithful to Jack." Hayley cast her eyes down and the baby in her arms cooed.

"I understand, forgive me, he's a good man I know that and perhaps you could even love him." Hayley nodded and Elijah stepped away from her. As he walked off Amber rushed off. She found herself in front of Rebekah and Kol. The two were lounging and turned their heads toward her.

"Amber come watch garbage television with us." Kol said lazily and Amber strolled and sat next to Rebekah. "So you and Klaus seem to be back to your usual love sick selves." Kol brought up and Ambers heart skipped a beat. It seemed that the two were back together but they hadn't formally labeled what their relationship at the moment was. Amber remembered a time they were close to being everything and suddenly it all ended.

Flashback~
Amber and Niklaus were preparing for their wedding that would take place in a month. Amber didn't see much of him as he worked all day and came home late. Her aunt came to visit her and she never really spoke to the haggard old woman. Her mother had told Amber of how she had went crazy over time.

"I heard of your situation my child. You must come with me now you are not safe, nor will you ever be, with the monster you wish to wed."
"I beg you pardon, I love that man which you call a monster." Amber grew angry but the old lady grew more and more terrified.
"He is a vampire not a man nor is he capable of loving you for anything but a source of food."

Amber gasped and ran off in horror. Her mother had told her stories as a child of fictional monsters that drank blood to live on forever. Amber demanded her aunt leave and once Niklaus came home she told him everything. At that moment he knew he couldn't hide the truth from her any longer.

Amber slapped him once he finished talking and threw him his engagement ring. Leaving him with teary eyes and a whisper of, "Klaus I do not know if I love you or the man you have chosen to portray towards me."
Flashback ended~

Amber cleared her throat and responded, "what about you and the powerful little sorceress? Don't bother denying it Rebekah spared no detail."

"Bex how the hell did you know about that? I didn't tell you squat." He eyed her suspiciously she shrugged and picked at her nails.

"I'm not blind I can see the way you to look at each other." Kol smirked slightly and his cheeks turned slightly pink. Immediately Rebekah and Amber cooed and squeezed his cheeks teasingly. He protested and tried defending his masculinity until the two stopped.

"When do I get to meet her she sounds amazing?" Amber had heard about the young witch and her talent from Marcel, Rebekah, Elijah, and even in Nik's memories.

"She was actually at the wedding had you come earlier you would have met her. Davina's a fiery one and she hates Klaus more than she likes me which might make her hostile towards you. You're a charmer though Amber I'm sure you two will get along just fine" Amber nodded and saw the way his face lit up when he talked about her. She couldn't remember ever seeing Kol so happy about a girl before.

"Well I should go get some dinner I look forward to finishing this highly interesting program later." Amber said sarcastically as she walked to the kitchen. She didn't even know what was happening in the show but the women had annoying voices and looked to be wearing extremely tight corsets.

As she opened the cooler to reveal the blood bags she heard the familiar wind gust that announced someone's arrival. She closed the cooler and turned around. Within milliseconds Niklaus had her pushed against the cooler. "If there weren't ears everywhere that could hear our every breath I would love to do many things right now." His eyes grew dark not from hunger but a different kind of craving. Amber shuddered under his pressure. She kept her hands from roaming by pressing them into his chest. In attempt to push him further and give her space to form coherent thoughts.

"Why don't we get rid of some of them?" Amber smirked and Klaus's eager persona faltered. He realized she was talking about Hayley and Jackson.

"I can't do that just yet Amber I need complete cooperation from the wolves to keep Hope safe." He stepped back slightly and Amber was slightly relieved. This way she could think and free Hayley and Elijah of their uncomfortableness.

"You want obedience but they will never give that to you if you keep their alpha imprisoned. Nik, they will come to resent you for taking their leader and new queen." Amber spoke softly and hoped she could get through to him. Klaus always listened to her opinion but of course sometimes he didn't follow her suggestions. Klaus then turned his back to her, thinking about what she just said.

"Alright I'll think about it Amber but if it were anyone-" Amber cut him off with a hug, that would knock the breath out of a normal man but Klaus took it with ease. His arms enveloped her and he kissed the top of her head. She whispered a thank you her lips moving against his chest as she spoke.

"Nik I have another request." He made a sound of approval. Amber took it as a notion to keep talking.

"I wanted to know, what are we? You are embracing me in what was once our kitchen but many things  have drastically changed."

"Well we are two people who used to love each other, still love each other, and will always love each other. I hope to one day be worthy of being your king but it seems at this moment I have blood to finish shedding and old wounds to heal. I suppose we are starting over in the sense that I have to earn your love."

A/n: sorry for updating so late guys but OMG ALMOST 600 READS! I thought I would get like minimum 100 when I started this thanks for all the support keep voting and sharing and don't be afraid to leave comments BC those make my day brighter X

Ps sorry for any spelling/grammar errors I'm tired and I'm writing on my phone :P