7.

A/n: just realized I changed the main characters name in the last chapter XD her name is Amber Nadathur for the rest of this lol

Amber and Klaus walked back to the mansion. Wolves, vampires, and even witches all gave them strange looks. No one had expected to see Klaus Mikaelson strolling with anyone, let alone looking at someone lovingly.

Marcel greeted the two as they entered. "The lovebirds are back, Lijah." Amber and Marcel had caught up as well. She knew him and Klaus weren't on good terms but she had been close with him before.

"What are you doing here Marcel?" Klaus asked suspiciously.

"I had some business with your brother nothing to worry you, your royal highness." Marcel bowed exaggeratedly and walked off.

"May I take a shower in your bathroom?"

"I have to take one as well perhaps we can shower together. To conserve water of course."

"Or you could not take a shower altogether since you did take one this morning?" Amber gave him a a doubtful glance. Klaus chuckled and raised his arms in defense.

"Alright firecracker I get it no showering together...yet." Amber chuckled and rolled her eyes at him. Firecracker was another term of endearment he used for her. At first she hated it but it grew on her just as Klaus's crazy ways had.

Flashback:
"What do you want from me Niklaus? Is there no other poor girl you can torment? Or do you just enjoy tormenting me?" Amber cried out as she endured Klaus' endless teasing and annoying behavior.

"My love, there is no other as fun to torment as you." Amber groaned and cursed him under her breath turning to storm off. In the fastest time he stopped her, rushing in front of her. "It was a jest, my little firecracker." Amber huffed but halted her escape.

"Firecracker?" Amber raised an eyebrow. She crossed her arms readying for an insult.

"You are quick to explode but when you do you are even more beautiful. A firecracker." Amber felt her cheeks warm but didn't let it show in her expression. Her arms still crossed she narrowed her gaze at him slightly.

"Niklaus I have another question for you."

"I expect nothing less darling, and call me Nik. Niklaus feels strange coming from your mouth" Amber didn't take that as an insult and she knew he didn't mean it as one. Niklaus was impersonal. Nik was granted to a select few in his mind. Amber's cheeks once again betrayed her hard-as-nails expression.

"How on earth are you so fast? What you did just now to get in my way was exceptionally fast."

"I can't give you all my secrets just yet firecracker."
~Flashback ended~

Amber took her shower and realized she had no clothes to change into. She peeked out of the bathroom to see if Klaus was in his room. The door was closed so she quickly stole one of his long white dress shirts and paired it with the tights she had on from earlier. She dried her hair up and didn't stop when she heard Klaus walk in.

"As always my clothes look better on you. You look so beautiful I'm almost not tempted to take them off." Niklaus looked her up and down slowly as she dried up her hair with the towel. Amber looked up and give him a disapproving look. In attempt to change the topic she said, "What's for dinner then?"

"It could be fresh but I know you like it in the horrific bags from the hospital. I never understood your methods." He said getting close to her.

"Nik I despise seeing humans, or anyone really, suffer. That's how I've always been." Amber stated plainly.

"I know, it's why I fell for you." Klaus was now close enough to kiss her but instead her pushed back a piece of her damp hair behind her ear. Ambers skin reddened at the contact. She was now acutely aware of his every movement.

"You were always so virtuous for someone with such a sharp tongue." Klaus wasn't entirely talking about her abstinence of killing humans. He was referring to the very shy girl who didn't make any moves until Klaus got fed up after 2 years. However he slowly boosted her confidence and especially after she turned and everything heightened, Amber became more comfortable displaying her affection.

Amber gulped slowly as his line of sight moved to her lips down to her neck and then lower and lower until he had fully assessed her. She felt a trails of flames licking wherever he looked. Her lips parted as and she was about to say something but he beat her to it,

"You are driving me absolutely mad." He whispered to her.

"It might be too late for that Nik." Amber retorted earning a chuckle from him.

"You're probably right, I went mad when you first told, or really yelled, at me that you loved me."

Flashback:
"You are the only girl in New Orleans who would turn down my proposal" Niklaus huffed sitting down in the plush yellow seat. He wasn't that surprised just tired of waiting for her to give in.

"Well then I would be the only reasonable one." Amber snapped back, glaring at him. His face remained stoic however.

"That was unfair Amber, we have known each other for two years and I have been nothing but a gentleman."

Amber paced back and forth in her living room. Klaus was at her home to ask her and her parents for her hand in marriage. Amber grew angrier by the second. How could klaus do something like this to her? She kept thinking that he meant it as a joke to insult her.

"Do you have nothing better to do then torment me? Do you think it easy for me to love you and know you do not feel the same? I want to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you but I fear you will only trouble my heart!"

"Y-you love me?" Niklaus stammered out at a loss for words.

"You are unbelievable Nik! Goodbye I do not wish to see you again!" Amber stomped off but as usual he stopped her.

"No wait! Is that what you really think? I have never felt what I do for you for anyone. In all my time I am only sure of one thing, I love you Amber. Perhaps I knew from the second you stopped me from pursuing another but I have never been more certain then I am about my feelings for you. Perhaps I will also trouble your heart but whatever I do, I do it out of love for you and if you are willing to accept that, there is nothing that could stop us. If we do wed I promise to love you each day as much as I do now." Amber cried tears of happiness and Klaus took her hand, lightly kissing her palm.

"I seemed to have changed my mind, Niklaus Mikaelson I love you and it would be my greatest pleasure marrying you." The two grinned and rushed to tell her parents the news. Everyone celebrated that night with a great feast
Flashback ended~

A/N: Hey babes! Sorry for all grammatical errors as I'm sure there are many I'm just really tired plus I figured I haven't update in a while. Also idk if I'll ever end on a flashback again so treasure this rare occasion.

Up to 400 reads omg thanks so much to anyone/everyone reading this I love you all! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story everything you do is appreciated X.

Ps the gif (idk if it even works) is for the second flashback <3