16.

Amber got as much as she could from Charles. He was loyal that was for sure but his loyalty would only go so far especially with the various methods of torture Klaus had prepared.

"Listen I don't have all day and Nik probably wants to rip your throat out so if you have some useful information you might survive."

"How very reassuring." Amber raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms across her chest. "Those witches that put you away so long ago well one specifically evil one is back. She still demands justice for her coven which means not just coming after you but this cute little family you have going." Amber flushed at his words, and she stumbled back a little.

She turned his back to him for only a second to regain her composure. She nodded at him and waited a heartbeat and soon Niklaus was by her side. "He proved useful." Too much was on her mind as she stepped away from the scene. Nik didn't care much for revenge as he saw the look that cast over her face. He looked at Charles and compelled him in a hushed tone, "you will forget this interrogation and go back to your pack and report everything to this number."

"Why didn't you do that in the beginning?" Charles left the manor very quickly.

"He deserved to suffer a little bit and plus I know you never agreed with me compelling others. Amber what is troubling you?" Amber turned towards him now and stepped towards Niklaus. She pulled him closer and rested her head on his chest as he put his arms around her instinctively.

"I have to leave, I need to run Nik. The same witch that came after me before is back and she will come after all of us, Hope. If I run maybe she will follow me."

"Absolutely not I will not lose you again. No witch will stand between us and surely not between me and my daughter." Klaus looked into Ambers eyes reassuring her. The twos heads snapped towards the door as a figure emerged with a hood over the persons head.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Her hood came down and Amber gasped. It was her. The woman's hand struck out as Klaus bared his fangs. It was too late as two daggers entered the hearts of the two lovers.

+++

Ambers vision was blurred as she opened her eyes. When it cleared up she saw she was in a cell and in the cell next to hers was Niklaus. Amber tried moving to her but the dagger in her rendered her immobile. Amber screamed out for help, once, twice, and until she had lost count. All the time she yelled Nik didn't stir and Amber grew terrified and livid.

Finally after what seemed like hours he gasped for air. He looked over to see the tear streaked face of Amber, he said something but she didn't hear it. He seemed to be yelling but she couldn't hear it and she yelled back but he didn't seem to hear it either. The worst kind of curse, Amber would go insane easily in this cell. Just as the thought crossed her mind the witch entered the room.

"What have you done to us?" Amber screamed at her. The woman only smirked and Amber had never wanted to kill someone more than at that moment

"The weakness you feel will only get worse and the inability to speak or hear one another will drive you mentally immobile as well. That's just the beginning though in time you will be driven to kill yourselves." She turned around as Amber swore at her in every language she knew with every word she knew. She could see Klaus doing the same.

It had probably been a day since they had gone missing and she imagined Elijah and Rebekah looking for them.
Amber let the pain take her into sleep.

Dream~
Hope was in her room in her little cot as Amber seemed to be moving closer and closer. As she went down to pick her up she vanished from her hands. Now she heard her cry from behind her in the arms of the witch.

"Let her go!" Amber lunged forward only to go through the witch. Again the cry came from behind her.

Amber turned around to see the witch holding the white oak stake pointed Klaus's chest and a dagger at Hopes heart. "Who will live? It is up to you."
Dream ended~

Amber gasped and woke from her dream. If only she could pull the dagger out and crawl to Klaus. He lay on his back staring up at the ceiling. He was saying something and Amber wished she could hear him and tell him everything would be okay.

Yesterday Amber might have believed that but she wasn't so sure anymore.

+++

The witch came back and Amber had lost sense of time now. "How are you alive?"

"You don't have to be a vampire to live forever." She knew that much but she had heard of a gruesome accident that assumed her dead.

"Listen to me, you do not kill Hope. You can torture me for the rest of my days but nothing happens to her, do you understand?"

"I've already had my fun with you and she will suffer. She is a child however so I will forsake some of my plans for her demise." Amber wanted again to reach out and strangle her but instead she lay still.

Amber hated this feeling of hopelessness. It was one she had felt for the most part of 100 years. She called out for Niklaus but this time something magical happened he responded and she heard it. Her eyes flickered over to the witch who only said, "you get a couple of minutes before I ensure your next rounds of torture."

"Nik I love you I'm so sorry for all of this."

"Amber I love you and nothing has changed that. We will get out of here and nothing will happen to Hope." Klaus gave her a comforting smile and she believed it. Just as she opened her mouth to speak the doors were broken in. In came Elijah, Davina, and Kol.

A/n: okay I'm not gonna edit this because I'm actually super tired but yeah sorry for grammar mistakes and stuff also I apologize if updates are too slow it's just a lot of pressure to write something good for you guys and I always worry I don't write good content.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed it don't forget to vote comment and share X.