15.

1 week later
"Nik you can leave my side for just a second you know?" His phone was ringing for the second time that morning and he ignored it again as he stared at Amber. She was just watching TV but he didn't care for what was on the screen she was the most beautiful thing he could ever see.

"It can wait." Ever since they had reunited the two didn't leave each other's side. Or really Klaus refused to leave her side and she didn't have a choice in the matter. It was as if they were young again, falling in love for the first time. Despite themselves the rest of the faintly put up with the endless adoration and not-so-secret make out sessions. After all heightened hearing didn't leave much space for ignorance.

Amber continued to watch the trashy reality show until Elijah walked in and dropping something in front of Klaus.

A picture. Amber looked closely to see it was of Charles and he didn't look like he knew he was being spied on.

"Where was he last?"

"On Marcel's side of the city. And he's already sent his people after the bastard."

"Good. Amber would you like to go for a walk?" Niklaus turned to her now and she smiled at him then nodded. He took her delicate hand in his rough one and the two strolled out.

~

"Do you ever regret it?" Amber opened her eyes and turned her head at his question. She was lying on her back in the grass and Klaus was sitting up next to her.

"Regret what?"

"Everything. The moment I met you till now?"

"I did at first when you incessantly pursued me and I uncontrollably fell for you. But that's just it, everything was uncontrollable, I realized at some point I was going to meet you, it was fate. As for becoming a vampire I learned to appreciate it more and more."

"You could have lived a normal life if I only had not interfered."

"Is that what bothers you? Nik I would rather spend one more day with you than 70 years without you. Fortunately I have the rest of eternity to prove that to you. " Amber remembered the day she became a vampire as if a lifetime away.

Flashback~
Rebekah had been recently hexed by a witch. Whatever she thought of someone was flipped around, love translated into actions of hate. Elijah had kept her locked away in a distant farm house and Amber was led there by one of Niklaus' many enemies. She had hoped to find him there as she had received a convincing letter stating for her to meet him there for a day of fun. When she came there Rebekah was parched and not in her right mind. As Amber entered the barn she called out for Klaus but Rebekah greeted her with hungry eyes.

"Rebekah what are you doing its me?" Amber scrambled backwards as the blonde stepped closer and closer. Rebekah came behind her and closed the barn door before Amber could run. She knew she didn't have much time as Rebekah showed her fangs. So she sprinted to other side of the room and climbed a ladder to an upper level. Rebekah was on her heels and didn't take long pinning her to the floor.

"Rebekah I do not know what happened to you but let me go!" She yelled at her face struggling in her grasp. This only made Rebekah more vicious as she went straight for Amber's neck. Amber didn't know how long she stayed conscious for but she faintly recalled memories of seeing Rebekah flung away from her and Klaus feeding Amber his blood. The blood didn't help as she had lost to muc herself. He held her in his lap as she felt herself fade away which meant that if she didn't live she would become just like Rebekah's current state, a monster.

"Amber stay with me, you won't be able to undo this please stay awake." Her eyes started to close and her heart slowed she would wake up but she didn't want to live it as something so terrifying as a vampire. The last things she heard was Klaus begging her to stay awake, "no no no Amber OPEN YOUR EYES!"

And so she did but everything had changed. The colors of Klaus's lips were a more detailed beautiful pink and she could hear his heart beat so loudly as well as birds chirping she wanted to cry out. She also felt an insatiable thirst that was soon satiated.
Flashback ended~

"We always have forever." Nik smirked and took her hand in hers. Amber smiled at the sight, one that made her heart still warm.

~

The two walked back to the mansion to be greeted by Marcel and two vampires. "He's inside." Klaus stepped forward but Amber placed a hand to his chest first.

"Let me talk to him." He only nodded at her and outstretched his arm for her to go in.

Amber walked in to see Charles strapped to a chair. His wounds were very fresh as he started to heal in front of her. She didn't prefer torture but when it came to protecting the people she loved Amber was willing to do just about anything. He lifted his head at her entrance and he still had an annoying smirk on his face.

"Hey beautiful." He gave a weak smile and she realized there was probably vervain in play for his lack of strength.

"Do you wish for death? Saying things like that makes it seem so." Amber leaned back on the couch crossing her ankles as she did so.

"Your boyfriend is gonna kill me no matter what I say now or after this. Another reason I hate the guy, he's got the whole bad guy thing down I'll never be that refined." Amber rushed to him now and broke a piece of his wooden chair putting it dangerously near his heart.

"How do you know I won't be the one to do it? Also I don't have to justify Klaus because I know him whereas you will never know him or me or in fact anyone after this-" Amber was close to plunging the stake into him before he cut her off.

"Okay calm down princess! Geez I'll tell you what you want to know, you only have to smile for me and I'll spill the metaphorical beans." Amber glared at him still holding his chair at an angle with the stake pressed into his chest. Charles rolled his eyes and his smirk returned after a moment of fear.

"Alright no smiling got it." Charles said shrugging as much as he could in his tight restraints. She stepped back letting the chair fall down to the floor causing him to groan. Crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes as she spoke, "talk."

A/n: sorry about updating after so long! The support of this fic is overwhelming I get scared to write sometimes and I don't know if this is good enough but don't worry I'll do better next time I just need inspiration
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this fic X.