6.

Would you like to be queen again?

The words rung in Ambers ears and she didn't fully comprehend them for a while. She had expected Klaus to take time to fully warm up to her and she was in a state of shock.

Amber recollected her thoughts and cleared her throat, "There is nothing I want more Nik but what of Hayley?"

"Hayley is perfectly content as queen of the wolves alongside her flannel friend. New Orleans and I need our queen back." Klaus looked at her with a questioning look. He was testing her she realized, seeing if she was having doubts.

"Where's my crown then?" Amber smirked and he returned with one of his own. Klaus lifted up his cup of coffee and sipped slowly keeping his eye contact with her.

"Do you recall when I finally learned your name?"

"It was that street corner over there, you saw me walking and made a scene of stopping me. I can ever forget the look on my mothers face when she saw the infamous Niklaus Mikaelson." Amber chuckled remembering how it went down.

Flashback:
Amber was walking with her mother on their way to get groceries from the market when she saw Klaus Mikaelson approach her. Her mother looked at the two in astonishment not quite believing her daughter had drawn the attention of a Mikaelson.

"Good evening to you both, sorry for interrupting your evening errands, but I did not get your name the other day?" He spoke with politeness and grace making Amber's mother turn red.

"I believe that was the point." Amber thought her mothers jaw couldn't have dropped any further but she was proven wrong. He only chuckled, not expecting any less from her. Niklaus would've killed anyone else who spoke like that to him but this girl had made him curious. Amber changed her mind after seeing how flustered her mother grew.

"I suppose I will not meet you regularly so it will do no harm. My name is Amber Nadathur."

"A beautiful name, I'm Niklaus Mikaelson it is a great pleasure to have met you Amber." She gave him a pleasant enough smile and walked past him. Her mother followed slowly keeping her mouth open and yes on him the entire time.
Flashback ended~

"You were just as painfully sarcastic then as you are now." Niklaus said shaking his head playfully.

"And you just as arrogant." The two chuckled and decided to get up and take a walk in the French quarter. After a few moments Amber decided to break the silence.

"Nik I need you to tell you something."

"What is it love?" Klaus was concerned and pulled her into an alley.

"I love you Niklaus. I always have and no amount of time changed that. It's okay if you've moved on but I thought you should know before anything else were to happen."

"You stupid, stupid girl." Klaus said pulling Amber into his chest. She was going to protest his claim when he whispered to her.

"There isn't any way I could get over you. Amber you left part of your soul and heart with me, you consumed my thoughts and you still do. I love you Amber that is still the only thing I know to be completely true."

Amber looped her arms around his waist and Klaus did the same. He breathed out into her hair and rested his head on her shoulder. "Amber I'm so afraid. Mikael is out there and Finn is plotting against us and although the rest think I have it all figured out, I'm terrified. What if something were to happen to Hope or you? I don't think I could forgive myself again."

"Nik, my love, it's alright to be afraid sometimes but don't blame yourself for things you can't control. If you think for a minute I will not stand by your side and support you, you must be mad. " Amber pulled back to meet his eyes. He nodded at that and she smiled at him kissing his cheek sweetly.

Klaus took her hand then and they walked back into the street. He didn't let go of her hand and Amber smiled proudly as he made a point of holding on. When she squeezed his hand slightly he looked up giving her a smile that sent shivers down her spine. Around Klaus she used to get those shivers often.

Flashback:
"Nik we cannot do this! If my mother finds out I will be put to shame!" Amber whispered down at klaus how was convincing her to go on a night time excursion. One that clearly would hurt her family's image if anyone found out about it. He stood 10 ft below her balcony looking mischievous as ever.

"Amber darling since when did you care what your mother, or anyone else for that matter, thought of you?" Klaus cocked his head to the side, and gave her a sly smile.

"You have a fair point there Niklaus Mikaelson but I do not have intentions of bringing discomfort to the people I love. So goodnight to you." Amber turned away but Klaus quickly called after her, "wait!" She stopped and turned around giving him one last chance to convince her.

"Will you p-please take a walk with me? I would very much enjoy your company and if anyone does threaten your pride I will make sure nothing happens to your family's image." Amber could tell it was the first time he had said sorry in a long time. He looked slightly irritated but still persistent on her coming down. Amber smiled slowly realizing she had made Klaus Mikaelson.

Maybe it wasn't something to celebrate but the way his eyes pleaded her gave her a thrill. A thrill that sent shivers throughout her body. Amber blamed it on the chilled breeze blowing it that night but deep down she knew it had nothing to do with the temperature.

"Alright Mikaelson, but your reputation precedes you so do not try anything or I will cut off your hand." He chuckled at that as she pulled on shoes and climbed down to meet him.

"A threat. Only you would threaten me so openly. Perhaps that's why I am so besotted with you." Klaus said to her as she now faced him. Her face flushed and she once again shivered. Klaus didn't miss a beat and draped his coat over her. "Thank you." She bowed her head and walked ahead of him not wanting him to see her blushing face in the dim lighting of the New Orleans streets.
Flashback ended~

"The shivers are back?" Klaus smirked at her draping his jacket over her in a force of habit. He had picked up on them after seeing her regularly. Klaus thought they were the most innocent, endearing things he had ever witnessed and whenever they occurred he would make sure she was warm even if the cold didn't cause them.

"I don't think they ever left." Amber gave him a sweet smile and pulled the jacket around her.

A/N: way overdue update sorry babes! I love doing the flashback idk why but they're super fun. I noticed I have a lot of readers and that's so cool I love every single one of you! Don't forget to vote, and comment BC comments make me so happy
Ps sorry for the grammar mistakes if there are any
Stay awesome X.