Initiation Day

Dusty's P.O.V.

It was already morning. I hadn't met anyone yet, so I'm off to a somewhat of a rough start. The headmaster said a few words before we were launched from the cliff bordering the Emerald Forest, the same cliff where my parents admitted their feelings and even their wedding proposal. I kept an eye out for my cousins and brothers. When I landed, I knew exactly what direction to run in to meet up with Trevor. It didn't take long before I found him. He smiled widely and ruffled my hair. "Really Trev?" He gave me a laugh. I just rolled my eyes and smiled at the idiot. He was my brother after all. Together we traveled through the forest to the other side to get a relic. This should be easy.

However, I spoke too soon. From behind the trees and brush, a small group of beowolves approached us. I drew Forbidden Darkness and readied myself for the first attack. Trev drew Flame Strife from its holder placed on his back. We looked at each other, nodding. We charged at them. One came at me. I used my semblance to aid me in the fight. I cloaked myself with a black flame while my eyes lost all color, just a forbidden pool of darkness. That's why I was placed with my brothers at Signal. My semblance was so powerful yet I could control it with ease, I ranked at the same level as Trevor and Onyx did. For being three years younger than my oldest brother, that really says something.

My deathly flame stretched out to dance fiercely on Forbidden Darkness. I charged, leaving a burning shadow. The beowolf cried one last time before it was cut in half, ending its pitiful demonic life. Trev had already got two, leaving the last for us to fight together. It towered all the others that were slain. A smirk came to our faces as we charged for the creature. He turned Flame Strife into the katana swords, together using the strength of our shimmering blades to stick deep into the creature's body. It didn't even get a chance to cry one last time before its life was suddenly ended.

Once we made sure that there weren't anymore, I diminished my black flames, returning to my normal cheery self. "Nice going sis. Show off," he teased. I lightly punched his arm, just being the playful little sister. Then we set out, continued north through the maze of trees and brush. It didn't take us that long actually to reach the temple. Together, with cautious steps, we walked to see what the relics were.

"Animals?" Do these relics get weirder by the year or something? We were the first partnered pair even to arrive. We scanned at all of them, trying to decide which one to take before returning to the cliff. One had caught my eye, a jackal. Even though I wasn't fond of dogs since I'm a cat faunus, it had this gentle look to it. "How about this one," I asked my brother. He turned to see what one I was talking about.

"Sure. Now let's get going. We shouldn't stay here too long before more Grimm show up," he stated with a straight face and a serious tone. He was right. We were out in the open and easy targets for any nevermores near by. We ran back to the tree line, heading straight for the cliff. I wonder how everyone else was doing.

Onyx's P.O.V.

I was on my guard as I made my way through the forest. I heard a twig snap behind me. I slowly reached for Destiny Destruction, my fingers curling around it. Just as I was about to draw it, Noelle showed up. I sighed with relief. "Must you sneak up on me," I questioned. She rolled her eyes at me. Her rapier was sheathed at her side.

"Let's just get to the temple to grab the stupid relic." Cold as ever. I swear she took after Aunt Weiss, like how she was when she first started at Beacon and giving this nasty attitude towards Aunt Ruby after she fell back on her many cases of dust from the Schnee Dust Company. She just started walking off without me, being in a rush to get out of here. I huffed and went after her. That was when an ursa emerged. Together we drew our weapons and prepared ourselves for a fight. It roared at us, ready to charge. Its feet stomped against the ground with intimidating strength. Noelle and I looked at each other, sharing a similar smirk. I turned Destiny Destruction into a sword and took my stance. Noelle took Ragespike by its hilt, choosing the vile of Dust for fire. With one deep breath, we charged our attacker. One slash after another, we brought the ursa to the ground.